Love hurts: Chapter Eleven- Second Thoughts?

Chapter Eleven- Second Thoughts?

Tyler's POV:

I felt Sarah stir up against me, her eyes still closed as she mumbled something in her sleep. I smiled slightly as I stretched, but I didn't move enough to wake her up. She moved again, laying her head against my chest, her right arm draped over me, and a small smile gracing her lips.

Our bodies were entangled together, sweat dried from the night before. I frowned, thinking of the reason we had done it, I didn't like the reason, but Sarah slept well without a nightmare.

I listened to the sounds around me, birds singing outside, Sarah's soft breathing and the shuffle of footsteps outside the door, then the soft knock that fallowed. Slowly, I slid out from underneath Sarah. I grabbed a pair of boxers and a pair of jeans, and then I answered the door.

"Morning Tyler, sheriff is here to speak to Sarah," Sean said, looking over my shoulder at her sleeping.

"I don't want to wake her up, it took a long time to get her to sleep last night, and if I wake her up, how do I know that she will go back to sleep? I am going to let her sleep until she wakes up on her own," I whispered, looking over my shoulder at her. "We're getting married Sean," I said, my eyes shining.

"She said yes?" Sean asked, eyes slightly wide as he watched me. "Did she like the ring?" he murmured, looking at her again.

"She loved the ring, she is still wearing it, and yes, she said yes," I said as I turned to see Sarah start to wake up. "We will be down in a little bit."

"Alright," he said, looking away as the covers slid below her waist. "I will let him know, I will get coffee ready."

When I closed the door and locked it, I sat on the bed next to Sarah. She groaned and laid her head on my lap; I chuckled and played with her hair. "It is time to get up Sarah," I murmured. She stretched, a low moan coming from her mouth.

"No," she mumbled. "Ten more minutes. Please?" she curled up closer to me and I pulled her up into a sitting position.

"Shower," I said, leaving her sitting there and starting the shower. I stripped down to nothing and walked back into the room to see her stretching in the middle of the room. "Come on Sarah, I will help you," I murmured, holding my hand out to her.

She smiled and wrapped her arms around my waist; I hugged her back and kissed the top of her head. Then I pulled away and led her to the bathroom where we shared a shower, just like we did the first time we had sex. When we stepped out, we dried off and got dressed, and then we walked downstairs hand in hand, her engagement ring shining proudly on her left hand.

When we walked into the kitchen, Chief Bern was sitting at the table having a cup of coffee. Sarah took a deep breath and stepped into the room with a smile on her face. It was a sad smile, but a smile nonetheless. Sean handed me a cup of hot black coffee and Sarah a glass of ice cold blended coffee. She took a deep breath then sat at the table across from Sherriff Bern. I sat next to her and took her hand in mine, offering her comfort, she latched onto my hand accepting the comfort as I gave it, the only way I could.

"Sarah, I am sure you know what this is about," he said, leaning forward and clasping his hands together in front of him. He looked at Sarah with a very serious look on his face.

"Last night," she said simply. "About Dakota."

"No, actually, that is not what I am here about but I am here about last night," he said. "But before we talk about that, I am going to read you something, alright?" he asked.

"Okay," she said, looking at him with a mixture of confusion and fear on her face.

My mouth dropped open when he started to read her rights, Sarah turned pale as she looked from me to Chief Bern. "Do you understand your rights?" he asked.