Love Hurts: Chapter Eight- Complications

Chapter Eight- Complications

Sarah’s POV

            It was difficult for the first year in the high school, but the next year I went back to the same school for my junior year, it was easier, and less strained. Tyler told me he was proud of me for being so strong. By then I was seventeen, I had a little birthday party, only me and my family. I’m surprised Tyler and I have survived this long without too much of a problem.

            “Tyler,” I said quietly, leaning over him as he slept. “Time to wake up!”

            “No,” he moaned, trying to cover his head with the blankets.

            “That is my line, now get up before I go and get the ice water,” I said, putting my hands on my hips.

            One of his eyes opened and he looked at me out of the little gap they made. “You wouldn’t dare think of it,” he said, glaring at me a little.

            “Oh I wouldn’t? Don’t you remember last month when you wouldn’t get up?” I said.

            “Ugh, fine, I’m up, I’m up,” he muttered, pulling himself out of the bed and stumbling to the bathroom as I walked down stairs to go and get breakfast finished.

            “Morning Sarah, is the bone head up yet?” Dean asked as I passed him in the kitchen.

            “He is now,” I said, smiling. “He didn’t want to be.”

            “Did you have to use the water this time?”

            “No, though that would be funny. Next time I’m going to drag the mattress down the steps and outside then I will hose him down.” Dean laughed and got Tyler a cup of coffee as he wandered into the kitchen. “Morning sleepy head,” I said, looking over my shoulder and giving him a smile.

            “Why did you have to wake me up?” he mumbled, putting his head on the table.

            “Because it was time to get up,” I replied, putting bacon on the table. Along with hash browns and pancakes. “I will get the syrup in a second.” As I left the room, I heard Tyler ask-

            “What is she up to?”

            “I have no clue” Dean replied.

            I laughed softly to myself, wondering what they thought I was up to, though I knew they would never guess what I really wanted. When I came back everyone was eating and they had left a plate for me I just smiled and drank my iced coffee. Tyler watched me as I quietly just hung back and watched my plan unfold.

            “Okay,” Sean said, folding his hands on the table and looking at me out of the corner of his eye. “This is nice and all, but what do you want?”

            “What? I can’t make breakfast for my family every now and again?” I asked.

            “You only make us breakfast when you want something,” Sadiro said, leaning back in his chair.

            I sighed then looked down at the floor. “I want to go see someone,” I mumbled.

            “Who, Sarah?” Tyler asked, leaning foreword in his chair, watching me and trying to make eye contact with me.

            “Dakota,” I replied, looking up to see shock and disbelief on their faces.

            “Why would you want to go see him? After what he did to you?” Dean asked, looking at me. Watching for any sign that I was joking or that I was sick.