Love Hurts: Chapter Two- Choices

Book One: Love hurts

By: Julie

Chapter Two: Choices

Timothy's POV:

"Well we can't just send her to a foster home, or to just anyone," someone whispered. "She's different, a lot more different than the others."

"Well I'm sure Sean will take her in, he's my little brother's guardian. She can stay with me while I work here, then I'll take her down to California," another voice whispered. "It will take a while for her to adjust and trust us, but it will be better for her."

I slowly walked into Sarah's room to see Dr. Wright and another male. I coughed, getting their attention as I looked at Sarah and her dog, sleeping peacefully.

"Why are you trying to decide her future for her? Shouldn't she decide her own?" I asked, glancing at them  sideways. And noticing that the other male was her older sister's boyfriend.

"She's a minor and she shouldn't be in a foster home, I know Sean personally, he's a good person, he'll take care of her," Dr. Wright replied.

I nodded, not willing to ask where in California she would be.

"She'll be living in the Santa Barbra Islands, with my brother, a girl, me, and two other men, together, we'll take good care of her," Dr. Wright said.

I nodded again. "The only thing I ask is please make her happy and treat her like she's the world, the way she deserves," I replied. She moaned quietly as she started to wake up. Her dog growled when I tried to touch the side of her face. "It's okay Annabelle," I whispered and quietly touched Sarah's cheek.

"Timmy," she whispered quietly. I smiled.

"I'm right here," I whispered.

"Daddy," she wimpered, curling in on herself, I swallowed, and stroaked her hair as she started to cry.

"Shh, it's okay," I said quietly. Annabelle was pushing her head under her arm asif petting her would make Sarah feel better. Sarah began to pet her and soon, started to stop crying.

"It wasn't a dream, was it?" she asked, not looking up from Annabelle's face.

"I wish I could say it was a dream, but I can't Sarah," I replied, "I'm sorry."

She nodded silently as the doctor came up to her and put his hand on her shoulder, and asked- "Sarah?"

"Yes Dr. Wright?" she asked softly.

"I know you're probably confused, and upset, but I was wondering that instead of going to a foster home, if you would like to go and live in California with a friend of mine. Granted, it will take you some time to adjust with everything, and until I'm finished here, you can stay with me," he replied, never taking his eyes off Sarah's slightly confused face. "When I'm done working here, I'll fly down with you."

"You... You're giving me a choice?" she asked quietly, her eyes going wide.

"Yes, we want you to be happy, as happy as you can be," her older sister's boyfriend replied, coming over and putting his hand on her shoulder gently.

"I would like to go to California," she whispered quietly. The doctor nodded quietly and gave her a careful smile.

"I'll let the gang know," he said, winking at her and getting up.

"Only," she whispered.

"Only, what?" he asked, turning to face her.

"Only, I want to leave as soon as possible," she whispered quietly, tears filling her eyes. "I don't want to wait here for long."