Love Hurts: Chapter Six- Tell Me

Chapter Six: Tell me

Tyler’s POV:

            My eyes opened, it was dark out, and Sarah had shifted, grazing her nail painfully on the back of my neck. She was whimpering weakly in her sleep, twisting and moving. Shit I thought, easing both of us into a sitting position, watching her leg so I wouldn’t hurt it. “Sarah, honey. Come on please wake up,” I pleaded. I repeated myself for ten minutes before I eased her closer, and brought my lips within a breath of hers. “Forgive me,” I whispered, then I leaned closer and brushed my lips over hers. “Wake up,” I whispered against her lips, then I pressed even closer to her, bringing one hand up behind her head and held her carefully. She moaned softly and pulled herself as close as she could to me; I pulled away and watched her face as she opened her eyes.

            “What was that for?” she whispered, looking deeply into my eyes, watching carefully.

            “You were having a bad dream, I was talking to you for ten minutes, but you didn’t wake up, so I kissed you, trying to wake you up. I didn’t expect for you to respond like that,” I murmured, stroking the side of her face. “What were you dreaming about?”

            “I was dreaming about Dakota Vez and that night. No one came to save me,” she whispered, holding on tighter. “Then you became Dakota and you were gentle,” she murmured.

            “Then what happened?” I asked.

            She blushed, her cheeks turning rosy pink. “Then we… we made love,” she whispered, hiding her face in my chest.

            I lifted her face with one finger under her chin. “It’s okay if you dream about that honey, there’s no shame in it. I’ve dreamt about it too,” I whispered, I brought my lips back down onto hers and kissed her softly, she responded almost instantly, moving her lips along with mine. When I pulled back, I rested my forehead oh hers. Then I kissed her forehead softly and pulled her all the way onto my lap as I could cradle her. “Are you hungry? Thirsty?”

            “A little of both,” she murmured, her arms still wrapped tightly around my neck.

            “I’ll take you down and get you something to eat okay?” I murmured.

            “Mmm, okay,” she sighed as I pulled the blankets back and stood up, taking her with me. “How can you carry me around like this?”

            “You don’t weigh much. It’s easy to carry you,” I murmured. I carried her down the hall and to the stairs, I was about halfway down when I heard the argument. “You leave them alone for two hours,” I muttered. “And a fight starts.” I carried her into the kitchen where I saw a boy arguing with another while Sean, Dean, Illiana, and Sadiro watching silently. I looked down at Sarah as the boys noticed our presence; her face was as pale as death.

            “What are you doing here?” she whispered, hugging herself closer to my chest, she was absolutely terrified.

            “So you remember me, huh sweetheart?” one  of them asked.

            “Sarah,” I murmured, setting her on the counter and looking into her eyes. “Who are they?” I asked.

            “Jonathan Windy and Dakota Vez,” she whispered.

            “Which one is Dakota Vez?” I said, bile rising in my throat.

            “The one who spoke,” she responded, letting go of my neck, and looked down at her hands in shame.