Love Hurts: Chapter Nine- What Happens Next?

• Dedicated to Matthew Russell

OMG I am SOO sorry for the late update! I have been so busy taking care of little David that I really haven't had the time and then all those freeking guys chaceing after me! UGH Anyway so here is another chapter! I made this one special... just don't kill me!

Chapter Nine- What Happens Next?

Tyler’s POV:

            I held Sarah’s hand as she slept, her eyes closed to the sun rising slowly. I smiled, running my thumb over the back of her hand, wondering when she was going to wake up, the social worker was going to be here soon.

            A half hour later, I knew I had no other choice; I had to wake her up. I wrapped my arms around her waist and brought her close to me. “Sarah,” I murmured quietly. “It’s time to wake up; the social worker is going to be here soon.” I kissed her forehead as her eyes opened slowly. “Well, well, look who’s awake,” I murmured.

            She smiled sleepily and wrapped her arms around my neck. “Can I sleep just a little longer?” she asked, looking up at me, with very tired eyes.

            “No we have to get up and get ready for the day. The case worker should be here in a couple hours,” I said, slowly pulling her up to a sitting position. “You shower here, I’ll shower in your room,” I said smiling. I gave her one last kiss before I left the room. I showered quickly and got dressed in the clothes that I always keep in Sarah’s room. When I returned to my room, Sarah was pulling on a pair of boots. She had one of my button-up shirts tied at the waist and a pair of skinny-jeans on.

            Through her curtain of hair, she looked at me, then she smiled. “Hey, what took you so long?” she asked.

            “I didn’t know I took that long,” I teased, walking towards her slowly. She just smiled wider and returned to zipping up her boots, as I sat next to her, I noticed the two-inch heel attached to the shoe, and sighed.

            “What?” she asked. “You don’t like them?”

            “I do, but it’s still hard for you to walk around in them because of your ankle,” I replied.

            “But I like these, and I don’t want to take them off,” she said, pouting at me.

            “Do you want to twist and or possibly break it again?” I replied, staring at her, waiting for her to respond as she thought it through.

            “No,” she mumbled as she took them off, then she started to look under my bed for her other boots that she kept under there, a pair without a high heel.

            “That is what I thought,” I murmured as I watched her crawl half way underneath my bed just to unearth the shoes. I laughed as she wriggled out and grabbed the boots from the place she had shoved them.

            “What?” she asked, narrowing her eyes at me then I now noticed had a little bit of eyeliner and mascara on them. I smiled and just shook my head, then leaned back to lay on my bed. I heard the zippers on the boots get pulled down then back up. Without me noticing, Sarah crawled onto the bed, on top of me, her head on my chest.

            “What are you up to?” I asked, looking at her with a smile.

            “I’m getting comfortable,” she replied, snuggling up closer to me. She sighed and closed her eyes, then she smiled as I wrapped my arms around her waist. “Mmm much better,” she murmured.