stay

✿

taehyung holds her hand, entwining both of their fingers together as they strolled around the place. marvelous blossoming flowers of different kinds aesthetically painted their surrounding, creating a mixture of rainbow colours.

catching the sight of a distinctive spectacle in the distance, sooyoung beamed in delight and graciously hauled taehyung towards it in a gentle manner.

"it's where we first met!" she exclaimed, thrilled.

a lake stood ahead of them, glittering as the sun hits its liquid surface. multiple cherry blossom trees surrounded it, the pastel pink buds at the peak of flourishing.

taehyung simpered, a memory of their first meeting careening back to his head. it was such a great memory. sooyoung, who found the lake when she visited the city, and taehyung simply roaming around the lake, alone. just a typical cliché encounter.

"it still appears to be the same just like years ago," sooyoung commented in wonder.

"you're right..." taehyung responds as he glanced down at sooyoung who brightly reminiscent the phenomenal past. "how...have you been?" he asks, hesitantly.

sooyoung looks up at him, that innocent visage of hers etched across her dainty face. "it was ─ well...agonizing." she confessed, her lips forming a forged smile of meek assurance. "the days i spent without you by my side has overwhelmed me with much anguish and desperate longing of your presence. i endured quite a lot."

taehyung squeezes her soft fragile hand as a gesture of encouragement and apology. sooyoung simply grins before continuing,

"but i'm glad i'm with you now." she says with enthusiasm. "i guess tolerating three seemingly endless seasons without you was worth it. i just hope that, suffering another multiple seasons in absence of your attendance will still be worth enduring for next spring."

taehyung grimaced, "...i hope so too."

sooyoung beamed as she lets go from their intertwined hands and skips towards the lake in complete euphoria. taehyung remained standing at his spot as he sadly watched his beloved enjoy the moment.

"but time is running out. i'm afraid, by the end of this spring, i'll cease to exist ─ just like how it's suppose to be."

✿