little

✿

at last, it was the final day of the spring season. morose and depressed, sooyoung tremendously dreaded the fact that she and taehyung had to separate ways and spend three seasons apart once again.

"i'll miss you," sooyoung whispered while her arms embraced taehyung firmly, her head buried on his warm chest. "a lot."

taehyung dismally smiled as his chin rested on sooyoung's head, his arms also wrapped around her and his grip tight yet still gentle ─ a hold that never wants to let go.

"hey sooyoung-ah," taehyung began, his big hands caressing her silky soft hair. "whatever happens, can you please promise me that you'll keep going forward and not dwell in the past? will you promise me?"

sooyoung's eyebrows knitted together as she stared at taehyung in confusion. why was he telling her this? it was as if something terrible is going to happen and it gave sooyoung an intimidating bad feeling.

"i...i promise," sooyoung said, quite hesitant but instantly, she shook the thought and bad feeling off.

taehyung smiled genuinely, "thank you." he whispered as he ruffled sooyoung's head. "i love you, park sooyoung."

the young female grinned in ecstasy as her cheeks became lightly tinted with a faded pink pigment. "i love you too, taehyung."

the little merriment on the young man's face faded as sorrow flashed in his eyes as he maintained that weak smile of his, interjection etched across his face as if being hesitant into doing something he was tasked to do. he looked suicidal like he was about to commit some felony yet seemed like he was unwilling and against it but had no choice but to do it for he was eventually destined to.

taking a deep breath, taehyung wrapped his hands around sooyoung's nape. slowly, he leaned in, closing his eyes in the process and then felt sooyoung's soft lips against his.

their kiss lasted for a few seconds until taehyung eventually pulled away and wistfully smiled at sooyoung. the damsel was staring at him in both fluster and subtle shock, her cheeks burning. but once she noticed the look on taehyung's face, she instantly frowned and her eyes questioned the matter.

"h-hey..w-what's wrong?" she queried, worried. "why do you look so pale? wha─ your hands! they're f-fading...why? taehyung, what's happening?!"

"i'm so sorry, sooyoung." taehyung winced at the girl's perplexed and tortured expression. "there's one thing you still yet to know about me; i'm not real ─ i'm just an illusion created from your own mind. i'm just something you conceived. at least, that's what they said. and with the kiss from the conceiver, i shall disappear."

at this point, sooyoung was already crying ─ sobbing like a child who lost her parents. she looked absolutely frail and delicate, taehyung couldn't risk touching her, afraid that she might break. sooyoung was trembling in fear, still not understanding what's going on.

but deep in the back of sooyoung's mind, she believed him. it made sense because there were quite a lot of reasons as evidence that taehyung is not human. sooyoung had no idea of taehyung's background, his family, his surname nor his home ─ it's not like taehyung knew himself either. he couldn't go out to the streets where civilians roamed around when he's with sooyoung because he couldn't be seen by others except sooyoung and she'll probably gonna look stupid having fun and talking into thin air. sadly, it generally made sense.

"w-what nonsense are you saying, taehyung?" sooyoung watched in terror as the young man's body was slowly becoming more transparent. "this is just a dream, right? tell me this is just some horrible nightmare, taehyung!"

she was practically shrieking, tears flowing down her tinted cheeks. a mixture of pain, misery, shallow rage, fright and disbelief clouded sooyoung's face. losing the man she loves was her biggest fear and it was happening now.

"i'm sorry, sooyoung." taehyung apologized once again and pulled sooyoung into a firm embrace. "i'm so sorry. forgive me. don't forget about me, alright? and please, remember your promise; don't dwell in the past and move on." taehyung planted one last kiss on sooyoung's forhead. "i love you..."

and he was gone.

the only thing sooyoung could do was lament in horror and grief as she witnessed taehyung, the man she deeply cherised, vanish away from her life.

-

-

a/n: another hint, look for it if you can. it's the hidden identity of one of our protagonist.

so who's still confused?