Chapter 4: The Bet

Chresanto August.

Well ... Thanksgiving Break Is Over And We're Back In This Hell Hole. I Got Iss . Don't Ask Why Tho. I Can't Wait Till Winter Break. Its Not That Long But Its Long Enough. I Don't Really Have To Be In Iss Until The Bell Rings Tho.

Myles-Nigga You Got Iss Again

Roc-Yeah

Myles-For What?

Roc-Fightin

Myles-(Laughs) That's What You Get

Roc-Shut Up(opens locker)

Myles- Damn There Go Yn

Roc-(laughs) You're Never Gonna Get Her

Myles- And Why Is That?

Roc-Cuz Ole' Girl Be Playin Hard To Get

Myles- She Bad As Shit Tho

Roc- I Know... She Aint Givin It Up To Nobody Tho. Not Even Her Boyfriend

Myles-Aye Look If You Can Get Her To Give It Up. I Got 200 Hundred Dollars For You

Roc- Ard Bet !

(Bell Rings)

Roc-(closes locker) A'ight I'll See You

Myles- (Laughs ) No You Won't ! You Gon See That 1000 Word Essay On Why You Got Iss

Roc- Shut The Fuck up

Mr.Cooper-Roc,Yn Come On

Damn Nigga The Bell Just Rung! Fuck You Roamin The Halls For ? You Think We Gon Skip Iss ? Mr. Cooper Fat Ass Aint Even The Iss Coordinator. Its Some New Nigga Starting Today. He's Young & Yn And The Girls Been Droolin Over Him. His Name Is Like Mr.Hart. Stupid Ass Name.I Wish His Skinny Ass Would Try And Base Me. Imma Get In There Write This 1000 Words And Go To Sleep.I'm Used To Iss You Write 1000 Words On Why You In In School Suspension, Or What You Did This Morning & Then You Read It In Front Of The Rest Of Them, Then You Get A Lecture Then I Go To Sleep Til Lunch. At Lunch You Eat And Go Wash Tables & Come Back And Copy Shit From The Dictionary Or Some Work From Your Class. Its Fun When You're Used To It Cuz They Not As Hard On You. Yn Know Just About Everybody.

We Got In There And Mr.Hart Seemed To Be Cool. He Don't Care What We Do As Long As We Do The Work & Don't Get Caught Talkin. Usually They Be On Ya Ass Every Little Thing You Do. Yn Ass On Facetime W Diamond.They Probably In 3 Period. Our 3 Period Is Creative Arts. Creative Arts Is Stuff Like Graphic Art, Regular Art, Gym Etc. They Have A Week And B Week. I Got Iss For Fightin In My B Week Class Which Is Mr.Mayne. Yn Got Him W Me. She Cussed Him Out Thats Why She In Here. She Based His Ass. I Got Like 987 Words. So Imma Finish This.

Yn Perez.

Facetime W Diamond

So He's There ...Now ?

Yn- Yes Diamond... He's The Fuckin Iss Coordinator. He Was Here 3 Minutes Ago He's Here Now (switches the camera to him) See.

Diamond-That's Bae. I Needa Get Iss.

Yn- (switches the camera back) You Need To Be On Task. Leadership Diamond Leadership.

It Was An Inside Joke. My A Week Teacher, Mr.Jones Is Always Lecturing Us About Leadership. He's Pretty Chill Aside From The Lectures. Graphic Art = Computers. So He Lets Us Get On The Computers For Free Time And Stuff And He Doesn't Care If We Get On Our Phones.

Diamond-So Is My Bestfriend There?

Yn-Yeah. He's Right Next To Me. He Can Hear Your Loud & Boisterous Ass.