3. The Unsolved mystery

"So what?"

Sonakshi asked while Dev stood still taken aback by her response. Annoyed, Sonakshi made her way to her place, sat down on her disk and started opening her books. Frustrated by her, Dev stormed out of the class but Sonakshi seemed to be least affected. After a minute or two, Sonakshi closed her eyes and a drop of tear trailed down her cheek.

************************************
Flashback:

It was about a year back. Sona was tired of having her one sided crush on Dev. Though she was not sure of whether he likes her or not, she was sure about one thing 'He is her love'. She felt it is right to confess her feelings to him with zero expectation about his response.

It was their college day. The whole college was in celebration mode with no studies and classes. Sonakshi was dressed in a white anarkali looking gorgeous as usual. She finally gathered her courage to confess her feelings to Dev. Her eyes were constantly gazing to find a sight of him. But to her dismay she couldn't find him anywhere.

But she could very well hear his name. "But where?",she was confused. It was from their college radio( It was something kind of radio station set up inside their college to make easier access to the students about academic ,other co-curricular activities and ofcourse gossips too😛. Usually it would be students who were behind the mike mostly Neil.)

Yes, she heard them saying his name. She was confused but about to listen when she heard Neil saying, "So here we present the greatest news about the greatest person..ha..ha..It is none other than Mr.Dev Dixit, romeo of our college. Well now I officially introduce his love Ms. Natasha Gujral!", hearing that Sonakshi's heart broke into pieces.

She then thought that he might have just teased him but then she heard dev's voice. "Come on Neil just stop it! You dont need to say everything in the radio", but Neil continued,"Everyone should know it right, the most eligible bachelor of our college is no more single!", while natasha continued, "Yes ofcourse, he is mine from now on",she said laughing at her own comment.

Natasha Gujral

Natasha Gujral

Sonakshi stood dumbstruck, still unable to recover from the shock while Dev continued. "Yes, Iam", he said chuckling at his own statement pushing her into a pool of emotions. No one could understand sona's inner turmoil that day. She was broken beyond repair.

(End of flashback)
************************************

And from that day, she knew that she doesn't have any rights to love him but her heart said something else. She was a person who always listens to her heart and mostly takes decisions based on her intuitions. Though her mind knows the truth her heart failed to understand it.