41. I still love you..

Thank you all for your votes and comments.

Thanks for completing the target too.

Please ignore the mistakes. Happy reading!😊

Target: 205 votes

******************************************
Dev's POV :

"Let's end our relationship", Sonakshi said and my world stopped. She must be joking. Or may be I'm dreaming again, one of my stupid daydreams! "Dev!", she called me, but I was too numb to react. "Dev, listen!", she shook me by my shoulders making me jerk out of my thoughts. I just stared at her blankly. She placed her hand on mine, holding it securely between her palms. What is she upto? "I can understand that you are worried about our parents but relax.. I'll talk to them, not now, but after Ritwick-Ragini's marriage", she said giving me an assuring smile. What the hell is happening around me? "You can't be serious sonakshi", I said, words failed to leave my mouth. "I'm Dev", she said tightening her hold on my hands. Does she even know what she is doing? "Sonakshi, we need to talk", I said controlling my emotions. "There is nothing left to talk dev. We should try to accept whatever happened between us", she said. "No, we have a lot to talk", I was quick to interrupt her. She can't give up so soon. How does she think that I will survive without her? "I think it's of no use now", she said retrieving her hands back. I looked down, trying to control my rage. I can't let go of her again, never!

"There is no use in trying to tie up two hearts unwantedly", she said looking away. What did she even mean? "A marriage should connect two souls. One can't be forced into it", she said. Who is forced into? "We agreed to this relationship of ours, for our parents sake and we eventually fell in love... But things didn't go well between us and we should accept it", she said staring at her ring. What is she going to do? "I know, it's okay to marry a person whom we don't love... But we can't marry a person when we love someone else", she said still looking down as I looked at her shocked. Did she meant to say that she loves someone else? "Dev, keeping all the things happened between us aside... I'm still your friend, isn't?", she asked taking my hand in hers as I looked into her eyes, it still held the same care and concern. "Our relationship might have failed, but I promise that our friendship won't", she said and her words pierced by heart. Should I be happy that she still considers me as her friend or should I be sad that I have no rights to love her anymore?

Nadaniyo mein khoye
Saare hai Rishte

"Elena must be waiting for me. I'm leaving. Bye", she said unclasping my hands from her's.

Yaadon mein hi teri,
ab dhalti hai raatein

Yaadon mein hi teri, ab dhalti hai raatein

No, not again! I don't want to let her go. Stop her! my heart screamed. But I couldn't form words, the lump in my throat and the pain in my heart prevented me to.