43. Locked in Love 💕

Thank you all for your votes and comments.

Thanks for completing the target too.

Please ignore the mistakes. Happy reading!😊

Target: 215 votes

******************************************
"Collaboration Agreement!", Sonakshi read it aloud. She looked at the date the document was signed and it was hardly 2-3 months after her departure to US. "But how can this happen? No one told me about this. I should ask baba", she said closing the file and dialed her father's number. But he wasn't picking it up so she tried calling her mother, who picked up after a few rings.

Asha : What happened shona? Have you found the gift?

Sonakshi : Haa Maa.. But..

A : But what?

S : While searching for the gift, I found something else.

A : What?

S : I found an agreement... Collaboration Agreement! No one told me about that..

A : Haa yes, we thought of informing you about that.. But forgot. Why.. Do you have any problem?

S (fumbling) : No.. No problem Maa. But how can you do it all of a sudden..

A : Shona, we didn't do it. Actually, Dev wanted us to..

S (shocked) : What? Dev?

A : Yes, it was dev's idea to collaborate both our companies. We found it good and did the same. Is there any problem?

S : No Maa.. Nothing. But why dev asked to..

A : Shona, we will talk about this later.. Once we are back, okay? Now your baba is calling me, I need to go. Bye, take care.

S : Okay Maa.. Bye.

She disconnected the call disappointedly. Her mind was clouded with several questions but the answers were unknown to her. "Why did Dev do this? What is the need to do this even without my consent? He was the one who told me to go away from his life, but then he himself made our bond unbreakable. Why do I feel like there is something big that is hidden from me? Why do I feel like he did everything purposely?", she was all lost in her thoughts when her phone beeped flashing elena's name.

Sonakshi : Haa elena..

Elena (shouting) : Shona, where did you go from morning?

S : Ele..I'm in home

E : What? What are you doing there?

S : I came here to take the gift.. But..

E : But what?

S : Nothing ele.. I will be back by evening before the ceremony starts..

E : What? You should be here within 20 minutes.. That's it..

S : But ele.. Hello.. Hello..

She huffed in dismay realizing that elena disconnected the call. "Fine.. I will talk about this to baba after Ritwick's wedding but before that I need to find something else..", she said to herself.

***

"Bhabhi.. Come here", nikki called Sonakshi, who was entering the hall. The mehandi ceremony has already begun, everyone were excitedly showing their hands to the designers, to get their hands encrypted. "Nikki, what's the hurry? You have it first", Sonakshi said sitting beside her. She can't understand why nikki always gets excited when it comes to mehandi. Though it's common for every women to get happier seeing mehandi, nikki was always a step ahead she thought. "It's over.. Now it's your turn", nikki said leaving the space for sonakshi to sit. She was busy in admiring her own hands and squealing excitedly. "Select one design from this", the designer said showing her the catalogue. Sonakshi was in no mood to look at the designs so she asked nikki to select one among them, who looked all the more confused than her. "Bhabhi.. Let's do one thing", she said running away from there making sonakshi wonder over her actions.