Diary Of The Mad

Entry 1-3/4/14

'Who am I? That is the great mystery!'~ Edgar Allen Poe

My name is Alice Cheshire, although it seems redundant to tell myself that, however the psychiatrist seems to believe it will help. Writing out my days and going on about the useless things a dull persons life would include normally-boring! It would be so much more fun to burn this and then perhaps burn the fool who calls herself a professional but, what can you do? Oh well, I suppose I have to spill my life into this useless little book.

Today absolutely nothing I would consider interesting happened, I lived in the life of a normal human which, frankly is boring. Why are such people satisfied with what they have? With what they've done? Really all they've done is get up, stuff their faces as most are gluttons, leave, go to work, come home, watch telly, eat, sleep and then do it all over again in the morning.

Why are they so happy with this hum-drum routine, perhaps that is what makes them, that is who they are. But, with myself I do not know exactly who I am but do I want to? Isn't that the thrill of life? Running around without a clue to why you are there, not knowing who you are and not knowing yourself just what kind of horrible creature lies within the calm outer shell of your flesh? Perhaps it would only be for me... I still don't know, I believe this is enough for one night.

Goodnight Alice, although I will see you in the morning and forever after that.