Dear Friend// Tom

May 24, 2017

Dear friend,
     I am addicted.  Not to worry, I'm not addicted to any drugs or to anything that can destroy my body physically. I'm addicted to someone. I'm addicted to her. Her specifically.
     I don't even know her name and yet, she has this affect on me. Just seeing her in the cafe brings me this "joy". I say it in quotes because I can't find the right word to describe the feeling at the moment.
     Oh, do I wish that I can muster up the courage to talk to her, or at least enough to ask for her name. That's my goal. The short term goal that you're told to set for yourself in health class during Year 8. I'm going to get her name.
     I'll surely write you next time a milestone is hit or if something interesting happens. I don't want to bore you even though they said that you'll listen no matter what.
     Until next time...

                                    Love always,
                                                   Tom

May 25, 2017

Dear friend,
     Her name is Y/N. I was able to read her name tag when I ordered coffee before taking my usual seat near the window. I've been reading more and more ever since I've developed this feeling towards  the girl behind the counter. I may not be reading as fast as I could since I find myself watching her clean off tables and return books that were left behind by passing customers.
     She works every weekday from 3 to 7 and all day Saturday with the occasional Sunday morning shift. And when she passed me to go clean or fetch a book, she always humming a song. Recently, its been any song from the new Ed Sheeran album, if my memory is correct, the last song she hummed was Perfect.
     And yes, she was correct. She was indeed perfect.

                                    Love always,
                                                   Tom

May 27, 2017

Dear friend,
     She was humming Decode, the Paramore song that plays in the credits of Twilight. I wonder if she was obsessed with that series like many others her age were. Maybe she was a Harry Potter kid? I should have used that as a conversation opener. Maybe next time, I'll figure out what song she's humming next and do it then.
     She did talk to me today, but I won't count it as our first conversation. It was just the simple server to customer dialogue.
     "Would you like anything else?"
     Her voice was soft, like she didn't want to disturb my reading, but was concerned about my comfort. I couldn't even get a word out. I just gave a small smile and shook my head like a five year old before bowing my head again.
     I'll get a word out soon.

                                    Love always,
                                                   Tom

May 29, 2017

Dear friend,
     I don't know if she was working on Sunday because my best friend Harrison wanted to hang out. The two of us have been friends for years and as close as two people can be, but since Y/N somewhat entered my life we've been drifting. Mostly because of the fact that I spend most of my free time at the book café.
     I've read a total of six books over the time that I've spent here. I should try reading a series. Maybe that can spark a conversation with her if she's already read it.
    She's a book nerd too. On her break, she would sit on the ground leaning back against a bookshelf reading. I can't tell what she's reading because she always rests the book on her legs, covering the title of the book.
     I should tell Harrison about this. He could help me. He's not really a "ladies man", but he's got some good tips that could help me out.