Grace

Working as a veterinarian has its advantages and it's disadvantages. Take today, for example. I had to put down a golden retriever, named Bill, that had a tumor the size of a golf ball but I got to deliver a beautiful German Shepard, named Lucy, puppies. 3 o'clock rolled around and I headed home. The thought of Jaime crossed my mind. Should I text him? Call him? Cut him off completely? All these thoughts flooded my mind so rapidly that  I could barely concentrate. At one point, I almost got into a horrific wreck with a red Jeep that was riding my ass. I eventually got home, and safely at that.
                   I was excited to come home and relax after a long day. I was expecting to have an empty house, but Vic and Tony were sitting on the couch and practicing some songs.
"Oh. Hey guys." I sounded like a pre-pubescent teen boy. I'd lost most of my voice due to crying so much but I didn't realize how bad I sounded till they started laughing at me.
"Grace, I thought you already went through puberty?"
"Nice one, Tony." They both kept laughing so I just rolled my eyes and went to make myself a cup of coffee.

"So boys, anything interesting happen today?"
                 Tony cleared his throat and took a sip of his soda. Vic turned around to actually look at me whilst talking, "Well I actually just got here about forty five minutes ago, so the only really interesting thing that happened was you coming home."

"Yeah, that's always pretty interesting isn't it? It's been a pretty exhausting day. Do you guys maybe want to go out to the at later?"
                    They both shook their heads yes. I decided to go take a nap before we went out. I fell asleep at 4 and woke up at 7:45. I jumped in the shower and got ready. We left for Jack's Pub at about 8:25. Once we got there, I instantly regretted everything. There was Jaime, sitting at the bar, with multiple empty shot glasses and empty beer bottles surrounding him. I turned around and slammed into Tony.
"Ow, shit. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. As much as I hate to say this, you need to face your fears. You love sitting at the bar. Go."
                  It wasn't like Tony to something like this. I couldn't move. I just stood there with my mouth open because no words could come out. He mouthed 'go' and slightly pushed me in that direction. So I did. I walked to the bar and sat two seats away from Jaime. I looked over to see if he had noticed me & he did. He looked at me then asked for another shot. I asked for a beer and turned to look for Tony but he was gone. He was sitting at a table in the very back with Vic and a couple other guys. Since they weren't exactly an option for distraction, I texted Mike and told him to come join us. He agreed and said he would be here in twenty minutes.  I was relieved.
                  I drank a couple beers before I saw Mike walk in the door. I tried telling hey to him but the music was too loud. Unfortunately, he saw Vic and Tony before he saw me, so he went to their table. "Son of a bitch." I said to myself. At this time, Jaime walked up to me. He stood behind me and tapped my shoulder. F-ck. I bit on my fist. I slowly turned around and saw a very teary eyed Jaime.
"Grace. I'm--so sorry. Please, baby, I love you so much."
                    I held back my tears. I wanted to forgive him but I knew I shouldn't.
"I have some questions."

"Yes, I'll answer whatever."

"How long?"
                      He looked confused. I forgot that he was probably drunk out of his mind. Although with Jaime, he could still keep conversation and actually make sense even if he was drunk as all hell.
"How long what?"

"How long were you and the girl sneaking around?"

                    He ran his hand through his hair and sighed, "About 3 months."
                     I covered my mouth and the tears broke out. I grabbed a napkin off the bat and wiped them away as much as possible.
"When and why did this start?"