Chapter 1: I'll Protect You

Title: Chapter 1: I'll Protect You

Author: DarkHeavensAngel

Suggested Listening to: Fuckin' Perfect by P!nk (youtube video to right of page)

WARNING: A bullying scene and some offending words... I don't mean to offend anyone!!

POV: Third Person POV

A/N: Oh joy... I haven't updated in forever! Way too much homework and projects! This is the first chapter (obviously) and I really like the story's idea, but I'm not too sure where i'm going to take it yet... *sigh* And this is probably going to be a 3 or 4 shot so don't expect it to be long!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Louis walked down the paved pathway through the small garden in his college. He had a book satchel over his right shoulder and a black folder tucked under his right arm. His short, light brown hair was ruffled in the breeze and his hazel eyes were revealed.

Louis made his way over to a bench by a big tree and sat down. He pulled out a thick chapter book from his book satchel and put on his dark blue rimmed reading glasses. He sat, reading for a while until he was surrounded by a couple of male students, taller and older than him.

They pulled him up, from his seated position, by the front of his green and white striped shirt. He had dropped his book and his black folder was now dumped on the ground, papers scattered everywhere. He was roughly thrown on the ground and was kicked in the stomach area a few times.

Suddenly, a loud, commanding voice was heard, “Hey! Leave him alone! Get out of here, you retards!” A boy, that had black colored hair and dark green colored eyes, ran up to the boys who were hurting Louis.

The bullies didn’t give up and started fighting with the boy. When the boy jumped back, he whipped out his phone and dialed 911 and showed it to the bullies.

“Give it up and leave or I’ll press the call button,” he threatened. The bullies exchanged hesitant glances and reluctantly left.

The boy put his phone away and instantly turned his attention to Louis, who was trying to collect the papers that had fallen out from his folder. He hurried over to help Louis pick up the pieces of papers from the ground before the wind carried any away.

After all the papers were collected, Louis took the stack from the boy’s hands and slid them back into the black folder. The boy smiled at him and held out his hand.

“I’m Jesse Ngoc. Nice to meet you,” Jesse said while shaking Louis’s hand. Louis, after hearing this, let go of Jesse’s hand and pulled out a piece of lined paper and a pen from his book satchel. He wrote down some words quickly and handed it to Jesse.

Jesse read the paper:

Hi, I’m Louis Gilhre. Thanks for helping me earlier. Sorry, but I’m mute, so I can’t really speak.

Jesse looked up from the paper to see Louis smiling weakly. Jesse smiled gently and handed the paper back to Louis, who folded it neatly and pocketed it. To Louis’s surprise, Jesse started using sign language to communicate with him.

‘This is such a coincidence! I’m deaf so I know sign language as well!’ Jesse signed with a grin.

Louis stared at him in shock but soon signed back at him, ‘Then how were you able to speak?’

“I got a Cochlear Implant just two years ago, so I can hear perfectly now,” Jesse chuckled, lifting his hair so that the exterior part of the implant was visible. Louis nodded, smiling. “Hey, by the way, Louis, I saw some of those drawings that I helped you pick up. Did you do those—because they were extremely awesome!”