Chapter 17: Taken

"Nice job, Hiro," the boss said. "You did well. We have an excellent hostage. Very beautiful too."

"She didn't even resist," Hiro said. "She had a bad day today."

"I see," the boss stood. "I wonder if she's a good fighter."

"From what I heard," Hiro looked at her. "She's firm. At least her wolf is."

"We'll have to see her fight," the boss laugh. "For now we'll retreat."

"What about Chino and Tito?" Hiro frowned.

"There lost cost," the boss said. "They did a good job. But we can't do anything. So pack up and let's go. And Hiro, she's your responsibility. Show me that your worthy of my place. So that when I pass on. You'll take my place."

"Yes," Hiro smile. "I'll do you, proud, grandfather."

Hiro packed his things up. "Come on, up." Alia stood up.

He gripped her arm and led her to his truck. He helped her in and buckled her up. Hiro notice she didn't respond to anything. She must be traumatized. Not but being kidnapped. But by something else.

Hiro sigh and placed a blanket over her. She only had a long shirt and some garment underneath. "While you with me you are going to be treated well. You're my responsibility. So I'll treat well, just as your family treated me. But you will be forced to fight."

"Fight?" At least she responded to that.

"Yes," Hiro said. "You'll be fighting other wolf's and dogs." She just nodded.

It'll take a long time to break her. But Hiro succeed. She's already half broken. He smiles and drove off.

The drive back home was long and quiet. It was very long. Almost three to four days, of total silence. This girl was traumatized.

"So what happened?" He asked trying to break this horrible silence. "You can tell me I won't judge."

"My mate cheated on me," Alia said. "But I deserve it. I did something bad."

"What did you do?" She's so, innocent. What could she possibly have done?

"I messed with his head," Alia said. "But I wasn't conscious about it. I didn't know I could do it. But I did. I somehow manipulated him into thinking I was his mate. By now the effects should've had subsided."

"Do all wolf have some ability?" He asked.

"No," Alia sniffle. "I guess I'm the only one. I may have been jealous and ended up confusing Jaden." She began to cry. Hiro groan. He wasn't good at comforting crying woman. "I want to forget. And disappear." She looked at him. "Will you help me."

"Are you manipulating me?" He frowned.

"No," Alia sniffle. "It's my wolf who can do it. And she's sleeping at the moment. I want to take some time off everything. Please."

"Alright," he sighs. "Where we're going. There won't be any shifting. Since it's a town full of regular humans."

"Okay," she leaned back and sighed.

Hiro was going to die. If her father ever finds them. He'll murder him on the spot.

Hiro sigh. He can only pray for it not to happen.

Jaden sat on Alia bed and fiddle with the ring. He messed up big time. He sighed and laid back. Wincing. He has taken a beating his father and Alia's brothers.

"Jaden," Alison floated above him. "I'll find her. I promise. But you must protect the packs. Not from the hunters, but from each other. They are angry at each other. Your father and Castro aren't in good terms right now. Stand up to them. Don't let them destroy each other." She said and left.

Jaden stood up and walked to the window. He opened it and looked out. The sky was cloudy.

He prays for her safety.

'We must find her,' Prince said.

Jaden nodded and stepped back. He bumped into the drawer, and a box fell off.

He picked it up and opened it. His hands shook. He dropped it and ran out.

The box fell to the floor, and a pregnancy test fell out if it. It read positive.

Jaden rushed downstairs and went outside where his father and Castro were at it.

"Stop!" His mother was trying to stop them. But it was useless. Both packs were ready to attack each other.

Jaden shifted and ran over knocking them down.

'Fighting won't help anyone!' He yelled.

'Your right it doesn't,' Castro said.

They shifted back. "This treaty is over." He said and walked off.

Randy curse and left. Both packs retreated.

Jaden ran his hands through his hair. Alison warned him about this. And he didn't listen.

Now he has a reason to find her. She was expecting his child. He'll die if something happens to them.

He went inside and gathered his things since he isn't welcome in any of the packs. He'll stay at the cabin. It's the only place where he feels welcome.

Jaden walked out and sighed. He will find her. If it's the last thing, he does.

On the way there, Gretel caught up to him. "Hey."

"Hey," Gretel sigh. "I need to talk to you about something I figure out about Alia and Princess."

"Okay," he led the way to the cabin. "So speak."

She looked around. "Somewhere more private." He nodded.

They arrived at the cabin and sat down. "So talk."

"Alia," Gretel sigh. "She's different. I found something in a book." She took out a book from her bag and opened it to a section about manipulation. "There was once a wolf who could manipulate people minds. As in, change their memories and make them believe something else. This wolf ended up controlling her whole pack. And in the end, she was stopped by her alpha. She was locked up. And supposedly, they got rid of her, permanently. I mean this seems like a legend, a myth."

Jaded read the book. "You're trying to say; Princess is this wolf?"

"Yes," Gretel said. "Perhaps this wolf came back and was born with Alia. And there may be a possibility; she changed your mind and made you believe you where her mate. I'm not saying Alia is guilty. But her wolf maybe. It's a possibility Alia wasn't conscious about it."

"But I feel the pull," Jaden said. "And if it's true. I can't abandon her. Not now. She's pregnant."

"Oh God," Gretel bit her finger. "I'll help you. I'm willing to risk my life to bring her home. Alia, she a great person. Her wolf may have just wanted Alia's happiness."

"Thanks," Jaden smile. "Though who knows how long it'll be before I can find her. If I leave now, the packs will start a war. So I'll wait for my informant."

"You have an informant?" He nodded. "Who?"

"Just someone," Jaden smile.

Alison, please hurry.
-----------------------
Comment
Vote
Follow

Saya