|I Wont Say I'm In Love| Red Leader!Tord x Soldier!Reader (Eddsworld)

Pronouns/Gender: Female - Her/Hers/She/

Summary: Shouldn't the title explain it? Well basically, when a soldier has a feeling more than respect for her leader, things tend to get a bit awkward.

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------+

From the first moment that the new soldier (Y/n) had met the leader of the Red Army, the poor soul had fallen head over heels. Loving an army leader as a lowly soldier was something you would never say out loud to anyone, forcing the poor love-struck soldier to retain all their feelings inside, eventually their daily goal becoming to avoid the Red Leader at all costs.

If there's a prize for rotten judgement,

I guess I've already won that

No man is worth the aggravation

That's ancient history, been there, done that

Romantic history in armies were very little, allowing no time for such affairs in battles and serious combat. The uniformed adult walked properly down the long corridors, maintaining their stern gaze from pent up emotions. Nearing the mess hall, TV's in the corners of the walls around the room played a live broadcast of the Red Leader delivering a speech to his army, causing a loving sigh from (Y/n).

Who d'you think you're kidding

He's the earth and heaven to you

Try to keep it hidden,

Honey we can see right through you

Girl you can't conceal it

The Red Leader's close friends were the first to pick up on their behavior, a bit surprised when they had threatened to break their bones if they would tell their boss, or any other soldier. Pau and Pat teased them relentlessly about their growing crush on their leader, nudging them during training when Tord had passed by the row of readied soldiers.

We know how you're feeling

Who you thinking of

No chance no way I won't say it, no no

(You swoon you sigh why deny it oh oh)

It's too cliche I won't say I'm in love

For weeks on end, the (e/c) eyed soldier had hoped, prayed, that they could simply make their love for their Leader to vanish. Unfortunately, the little crush they had begun with only grew bigger the more (Y/n) saw him. From back when they were in middle school, the teenager was too nervous and scared to be in love, seeing the after affects from their recently heartbroken friends. After viewing how love had made so many miserable, they had sworn to never love, fearing their heart would also be torn in half.

I thought my heart had learned its lesson

It feels so good when you start out

My head is screaming "Get a grip girl!"

Unless you're dying to cry your heart out

Gradually, (Y/n) started to avoid the Red Leader altogether, refusing to make eye contact with his one crimson eye. Their affection towards him became so strong that when they had directly looked at him, their heart slammed against their chest, being too nervous to move. Occasionally Pau and Pat had to give a reasonable excuse as to why they had frozen in place when he was near (Y/n).

Girl you can't deny it

Who you are is how you're feeling

Baby we're not buying