Chapter 6

Tetsurou.

"Hey." Bokuto sat down next to the lone man and gave him a soft smile.
"Why aren't you joining us?"

Kuroo rolled his eyes as he pulled his knees up to his chest, a position which brought him a feeling of security. "Why do you think?" He sighed as he picked at his fingernails "I don't want to be here."

"Kuroo," This time, it was Bokuto who sighed as he rubbed his face in frustration. "I know you want to be alone and it's been like that for the past 5 years."

"Then what makes it different now?" Kuroo muttered lowly as he stared of the distance and settled his chin on the space between his knees

"You and I both know it's no one's fault."

Kuroo really didn't.

"Megane-san left not because of you." Bokuto was too good, using a softer word for that harsh memory. Kuroo couldn't remember how many times people told him that before.

"You don't have to be humble." Kuroo chuckled as he breathed heavily. "Yamaguchi is right because it really is my fault. I should've been there for T-Tsukishima. If I kept my promise, then he should've been alive right here beside me."

Kuroo expected another reassurance but he was taken a back when Bokuto suddenly smiled.

"You want to have something to blame?" Bokuto licked his lips before he looked at Kuroo impassively "Tsukishima commited suicide not because you didn't come for him but because he was beyond saving. Kuroo, don't you see? You've been with him your whole life and you just missed a day.

"Even if you were there, there would be other days worse than that one and in the end, when that happens again, you'd realize that you are not enough to save someone like him. You're not a hero, Kuroo. If you can save Tsukishima, then that day wouldn't have come."

Bokuto's words seem so right yet, something in him was still rejecting the idea that he wasn't at fault. It was regret.

Kuroo was always there for Tsukishima and practically devoted his life in making the blonde feel better. Having him gone in the blink of an eye took a heavy toll on Kuroo and up until now, he can barely find his way back up.

"Yo, that guy over there looks familiar." Bokuto pointed on the boardwalk as Kuroo squinted his eyes to see through the darkness.

"How the fuck do you even see through this shit." Kuroo grunted as he stood up to get a better look.

"Because I'm an owl." Bokuto replied with no emotions what so ever and Kuroo started to doubt if his friend was even sane "But seriously, that guy really looks familiar."

"Well owl eyes, who do you think he is?" Kuroo snapped and leaned on the railing of the yacht

"I think it's Kenma." 

Kuroo glared Bokuto and raised his hand to slap him on his arm. "That's not a fucking good joke, you asshole."

"Ow- goddamit! It is Kenma!" Bokuto yelled and pushed Kuroo's arm away from him.

"K-kenma as in highschool setter Kenma?"

"Yes! The pudding head."

Kuroo looked to the direction that Bokuto pointed and started to walk to the exit of the yacht.

Kuroo didn't know why but he felt a surge of... Light? But it was so foreign to him.

"Kuroo! Oi, where are you going? We're almost leaving!"

"I'm going to fucking put you in the hospital when I don't see him."

Kuroo's heart was beating so fast as he searched hard for the said boy- no, the man. After 6 years, Kuroo couldn't guess how Kenma will look like now.
Somehow, the idea of seeing his bestfriend- or former bestfriend- brought him a small ray of hope and though it was only a little amount, Kuroo held on to it tightly.