11

(Y/n)'s pov
I woke up on my bed seeing everyone still asleep. I groaned feeling a headache wash over me. "Ugh..." I went down from my bunk careful not to wake anyone up. I went ahead and showered. And wore my white and gold hanbok,another gift from the princess whom I was also close with. I pulled my hair up in a ponytail and grabbed my favorite headpiece. I sighed and walked around since it was still very early. I ended up in the training area where all the wood poles to fight with were. I smiled and grabbed my sword. I started swinging and hitting the sword on the wood pole as if it was a dance. I kept on practicing not noticing the Hwarangs who have started to gather around me. I slashed the wooden pole very hard and made it broke. Cheers broke out as I successfully broke the wooden pole,again. Whoops. My roommates went forward and patted me on the back. "Woah,(Y/n)! Mind teaching me sometimes??" Sun Woo smiled which was rare. "Sure." I nodded and faced Soo Ho. "What? No good morning kiss??" He snapped out of his daze and was about to kiss my lips but I turned making him kiss my cheek. I went besides Ji Dwi and the others laughing. "What was that for??" Soo Ho groaned wanting a kiss. "You're too slow. Come on guys. Let's have breakfast!" I led the others to the kitchen laughing at some of their jokes.

        "Oh come on! That was one time!!" Soo Ho groaned walking beside me. "Hahaha! You went home with a large mark on your face because of that girl slapping you!!" Ban Ryu chuckled besides me as Yeo Wool told the story. "Can we just eat already??" Soo Ho grumbled pulling me along as everyone snickered following us. We sat at our usual table but was also accompanied by Hansung who wanted to sit with us. Everyone started chatting amongst themselves about their test today. "Hmm...(Y/n)? You coming to tomorrows party at Okta??" I glanced over at Soo Ho who nodded at me. "Yeah, but I have surprise for you guys." Soo Ho placed an arm around my waist. I looked at his chocolate brown eyes that I fall in love each day with. I snapped out of my daze and quietly ate my food listening to them converse with a bit of bickering here and then. I stood up after eating muttering an excuse to go out.

I went out of the kitchen and walked to a secluded place in the Hwarang house. I looked around and found no one in sight so I whistled. Pa Shil came jumping from the wall. "Pa Shil, tell the Queen I have a little sparring test for the Hwarangs today. She is invited to come." He nods but hugs me before leaving. "I know they found out about your costume last night." He muttered leaving me alone. I look at his retreating figure going over the walls before leaving from my sight. I snapped out of my shock heading to Master Wi Hwa's office. I knocked on the door before entering his office. He looked up from eating his rice crisps before smiling. "Is their anything you need, Miss (Y/n)?" I nodded. "I will be going out for a week to do something. I will need you to keep an eye on my roommates and Hansung, if their are assassins that are coming for them. Master Wi Hwa take care of yourself too." He nodded as I went out of the room.

All the Hwarangs were lined up in their red and black uniforms. The Queen, the princess and the officials were already seated. I just found out from a random Hwarang that they supposedly faceless King was in Hwarang. Master Young Shil was definitely interested to know about the King so he's probably looking for him now. 'He's up to something. And I'm going to find out what he is planning.' I shook the thoughts off my mind and focused on the test about to happen. I stood up and looked around. "Good morning and thank you for coming to the Hwarang's first test on swordsmanship to see if they passed and understood or if they didn't and failed. We will start with the first pair..." I looked at all the Hwarangs pairing them with partners perfect for them. "Soo Ho and Ban Ryu." The two went to the center and started attacking each other. Soo Ho hesitated wounding Ban Ryu I can see it in his eyes. In the end Ban Ryu made Soo Ho do it and that ended their match. Master Young Shil turned to the Queen. "There isn't much action and blood shed. May I have one of my swordsman battle one of your Hwarangs?" The Queen hesitated but the princess gave him approval. Master Young Shil's swordsman approached the front waiting for his opponent. "Why not pick your Hwarang??" Sun Woo looked at Master Young Shil with an unreadable expression on his face. The Queen turned towards me as I nodded calling him out. "Sun Woo. This battle is to the death as Master Young Shil requested." I sat back down besides the princess side. I watched as Master Young Shil's swordsman wound Sun Woo lots of times. Sun Woo was on the ground clutching his wounded arm. Master Young Shil's swordsman had his sword ready to strike at him.'Come on,Sun Woo. You can do it!' I mentally cheered. "Stop!!" The Queen ordered. Master Young Shil itched for it to go on. "Continue. This is to the death." His swordsman went back but Sun Woo jumped infront of him continuing the fight. I glanced at Soo Ho who was looking at me with an expression of fear and worry. But Sun Woo cut off the top part of the swordsman's making everybody in Hwarang cheer. I look over at Master Young Shil with a smug expression on my face. I turned back to Hwarang and continued calling pairs until everyone was done. Ban Ryu and Sun Woo were the only ones with major wounds. Ah Ro patched them up and sent them to eat and rest up.

I went away from the Hwarang house for awhile. I just had a talk with the Queen about my arranged marriage and she told me that it was no more. I sighed in relief one of my problems off of my list. Master Wi Hwa told me he'll switch schedules since I was leaving for a while. I went to Ah Ro since she went with Soo Yun. "Yah! Your leaving!!" Soo Yun slapped my arm. I nodded rubbing my arm. "Aish,yes. I'll be gone for about a week. Don't tell anyone especially you,Soo Yun. I can't afford your brother going after me." I narrowed my eyes at her. She nods and smiles again. "So...how's Master Ban Ryu??" I roll my eyes at her. "You know it will never be allowed,right? You'll just end up hurt,Soo Yun. And as your friend I don't want that to happen to you." She nods sadly but smiles. "Well...I have to go. Take care of each other,okay?? I'll be back before you guys know it." I whistled and Pa Shil came to my side. The girls looked at him weirdly. "Pa Shil, meet Ah Ro and Soo Yun. Ah Ro and Soo Yun, meet Pa Shil, my gaurd." They smiled at him as he kissed their hands making them blush. "Aish. Let's go before they go all crazy on you." I laughed grabbing him back. "Bye,ladies." The two girls smiled and waved before heading off. "Pa Shil, get the horses ready. Were going to visit an friend of mine." He nods and grabs our horses that were already prepared a day ago before heading out the walls and riding to Baekje.