Meeting Ryder (9)

Aria stood in the doorway frozen.

She was looking down at her mother I could see tears start to sting her eyes.

"M-mom?" She whispered stepping forward, I was about to reach out to her when she turned and ran.

"Aria!" I yelled.

Danny was still frozen looking at Macy in shock.

I ran out the door after her just in time to see her white wolf run into the forest.

I shifted into my black wolf and ran after her.

-go faster- my wolf, Ryder urged me.

I pushed myself faster. Soon I found her.

She was in her wolf form curled up under a tree.

I almost ran right past her, not seeing her. I stopped and walked up to her.

-Aria- I said carefully.

She glanced at me slightly before looking back to the ground.

I lay down next to her and rested my head on her back.

She didn't move at all.

I pushed my nose into her side, she still didn't move.

I sighed and rested my head on her back once more.

I don't know how long we sat there.

Eventually she fell asleep, I could tell because her tense stance relaxed and she curled into me.

I carefully stood up and shifted, I threw on some shorts in a plastic bin near by.

I walked back to Aria and leaned down next to her. I was holding one of my shirts.

"Shift" I commanded, wolves automatically obeyed an alpha command, sleeping or not.

Aria was a little bit harder because she was a Luna, but being asleep she automatically listened.

She shifted into her human form and I slipped the shirt over her head.

It fell down to her mid thigh.

I carefully lifted her up, trying not to wake her. she snuggled into my chest.

I walked back to the pack house and placed her down in our bed, also putting a pair of my boxers on her.

I lay down beside her pulling the covers over us, I pulled her to my chest and fell asleep a few minutes later.

...

"No! Stop! Please dad! Dad stop! No!"

Aria was thrashing and screaming, I could see tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Aria, Aria!" I called, she woke up and looked at me with a tear stained face.

"Ryan" she gasped, she fell forward into my arms. I wrapped my arms around her and held her in my lap as she cried.

"She's gone" she murmured.

"She's gone, she's gone, she's gone" she repeated.

"Shh it's going to be okay" I whispered rubbing her back soothingly. "He's gone, your fathers gone" I murmured.

"I didn't tell you everything" she whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"I didn't tell you everything about my father" she muttered.

"You don't have to te-" she cut me off

"Yes I do, it's only fair" she told me. "see my father was.... abusive"