Mother's Day

[I know Mother's Day was yesterday, but I couldn't resist writing this imagine!]

The morning sun peeked through the curtains in your bedroom window. You slowly opened your eyes. You rolled over to find that Mark wasn't laying there. You sat up and stretched as the light hit your face. You got out of bed and headed downstairs. The smell of breakfast filled the air. You walked into the kitchen to find Mark cooking breakfast, with his back turned to you. You silently walked up behind him and wrapped your arms around his waist. You rest your head on his shoulder as you felt him jump.

"Good morning," you whispered, holding back a chuckle.

"Good morning, but good God did you scare me!"

You giggled and took a seat across the counter from him. You watched as he made pancakes and yawned. He put two pancakes on a plate and handed it to you while taking a plate for himself and sitting down next to you.

"Mark, why did you make breakfast this morning?" You asked as you took a bite.

"Happy Mother's Day," he replied as he kissed your forehead.

Sh*t, it was Mother's Day. You had completely forgotten. After eating your breakfast, you called your mom and wished her a good day. While you were on the phone, you realized you needed to feed Star. You started to walk towards her room until Mark stood in your way.

"Mark, get out of my way!"

"No, ma'am. Just sit down and take the day off. This day is for you," he said with a smile.

You realized you wouldn't win an argument with Mark, so you sighed and took a seat on the couch while Mark grabbed a bottle and headed into Star's room. You smiled as you heard Mark's high pitched voice he always did around her to calm her. You giggled as you heard him speak "baby talk" to Star. Soon, he came out of the room with her. You opened your arms to take her, but Mark refused. He kept saying that it was your day and you shouldn't have to worry about her.

The day went on and Mark did a lot of things for you. He gave you a gift at lunch time. You opened it to reveal a diamond necklace. You cried as you thanked him multiple times by covering his face with kisses. After lunch, Mark told you about the dinner plans he had made. This time you two would be going out on a "date" with Star. He took you to your favorite restaurant and didn't let you feed Star when you tried to. You smiled as you watched him handle your baby girl. He was so gentle, yet so strong. He noticed your smile and smiled back.

(Time skip)

You and Mark entered the house, you holding Star. She quickly fell asleep and Mark put her in her crib as you plopped down on the couch. You pulled up a movie on Netflix after changing into comfy sweatpants and one of Mark's t-shirts. He smiled when he saw the shirt. He sat next to you and patted his lap, motioning for you to sit in his lap. At first, you shook your head no and continued to watch the movie. That was, until Mark pulled you into his lap. You rolled your eyes as his low chuckle filled your ears. He lightly kissed your ear from behind and began to give you a massage. You bit your lip as he ran his hands up and down your back. He then slipped his hands up your shirt and lightly ran his fingertips up and down your back. You arched your back slightly and blushed when you heard Mark chuckle. He turned you around so that you were facing him. He kissed your nose softly, causing you to giggle.

"Happy Mother's Day to the prettiest woman in the world."