Crash

You woke up somewhat early today. It's been 3 months since you found out you were pregnant, and your belly has grown and become cumbersome. Sure, this isn't your first rodeo, but who said dealing with the belly that comes with pregnancy is easy? You had to have Mark pull down a box from the top of the closet that held all of your maternity clothes. You swung your legs over the end of the bed and got up. Mark was still sleeping soundly. You changed into sweats, which were the most comfortable out of your clothes, and decided to take a walk to the store. You left Mark a note by his bedside, kissed his temple and told him you loved him. You grabbed your phone and ear buds and were out the door.

You put in your ear buds and cranked up the volume as you walked down the street. Life had just began in town. Many people were awake, but few were bustling down the streets like every other Saturday. You nodded along to the music and watched your feet as you walked. You went through a list of groceries in your head so that you would remember when you got to the store. You looked up to see you were almost there. You looked back down and kicked a rock. Suddenly, you heard people yelling. Before you could react, you felt something slam into your body. You were thrown a few feet away from where you originally stood. Your body collapsed, and you found it hard to breathe. You felt something sticky on your side, but you couldn't move your limbs to see what it was. In fact, you couldn't move at all. You saw people run up to you and talk to you, but you couldn't say anything. You just laid there and felt your life drain. Pains in your stomach caused your face to contort as the pains worsened. Tears rolled down your cheeks as you watched the world go black.

---------------

Mark woke up and gave his limbs a good stretch. He looked over and scrunched his brows together when he noticed you weren't there. He rolled over and sat up and noticed the note on his bedside table. He picked it up and read it.

I feel like running to the store this morning. (Of course I don't mean literal running. With this belly I can barely walk lol). I'll be back in like an hour or so. Love you so much, Markimoo. XXXX
                ~ (Y/N)

Mark smiled at the note and he remembered you kissing him and saying you love him. He got up and changed into clean clothes. He grabbed his phone and headed downstairs. He pulled out pancake mix from the cabinet and heated up the stove. He made himself some pancakes and scarfed them down. He sipped a cup of coffee while he scrolled through Twitter and replied to some fans and saved some fanart. He was interrupted when he was receiving a call from you. His lips turned into a cheesy smile and he pushed the accept button.

"Hello baby," he said in a funny accent.

"Uh, is this Mark Fischbach?" An unfamiliar voice quivered with fear.

"Yes, who the hell is this?" Mark's voice turned angry.

"Um, I was just a bystander to-uh- and accident that just happened. Um, your wife, she-"

"Just spill it already!" Mark said pissed that this guy wasn't telling him something about you.

"She was hit by a car and there's an ambulance on the way. I just called the most recent person in her contacts. There's a lot of blood, sir-" Mark interrupted the guy again.

"Where?!"

"Right by the grocery store."

Mark hung up and hopped in his car and flew down the street. Tears filled his eyes as he tried to prepare himself for what he was about to see. He sung in when he found the accident site. He ran over to you and grabbed your hand.

"It's okay, baby. I'm here now. It's going to be alright, angel," Mark's voice tried to soothe you, but you were half unconscious and unable to respond or really hear anything.

Mark turned to the crowd standing next to him.

"Ambulance?!"

"On the way, sir."

"Who did this?"

"We, uh, we don't know, Mr. Fischbach. The driver took off I guess."

"You let him get away after he did this to my baby?! She's with child for f*ck's sake!" Mark's voice rose in anger as he gripped your hand. A slight moan from you caused him to whip his head back towards you. "What is it baby?" Mark's voice dropped the anger and gained concern. You groaned in pain again.

"The baby..." Your voice trailed off as you slipped back into unconsciousness.

"The baby? It's going to be okay, angel." Mark finally stopped to get a good look at your wounds. He saw the pool of blood emitting from your side and also the blood staining your sweatpants, which didn't make since to him. Soon, the ambulance showed up and the EMTs shoved him out of the way and got you onto a stretcher. You cried out in pain when they picked you up, and it caused Mar to rush to your side and tears streamed down his cheeks. He hopped into the ambiance and pulled his phone out to call his friends. He was going to need support, and so were you.

[Hey there guys! I just wanted to through this in here real quick: we just hit 2,000 views and over 100 votes! That's amazing! I never thought anyone would like my stories, let alone read them. Thank you all for reading and voting. Love you guys!❤]