Become Apart of the Team.

Earlier I mentioned that @accent44 and I have been working on this really cool idea, and now it is time to put this idea into action.

We are looking for six people to join our team and help us put together a blog and collab YouTube channel that celebrates all forms of art — writing, painting, film, music, fashion, etc.

We want to stress that this is a commitment.  I tried to create a blog on here before, and only one person ever contributed to the music section, so it didn't really work out.  However, I think that a blog could be really fun, so I'm trying it out again.

So, what will it be like?

— Andrea and I will be your editors, and we will basically just check for clarity, spelling, grammar, etc.
— Your job will be to write for your specific beat, a term used in journalism to define the column in which you're writing for.  "Music" could be your beat, or perhaps "fashion."  A blog isn't necessarily journalism, but...
— If everyone could submit at least two articles per week, that would be fabulous!  They could be as short as 500 words or as long as you'd like.
—  If for some reason you can only get one article in during a certain week, no worries!  Just let us know so we don't think that you fell off the face of the Earth.  This is supposed to be fun, not stressful and time consuming.

If you think that you can commit, then consider these requirements:

— You must be able to communicate via email with your editors and team.  This will make it easy to share large media files, as well allow us to add you to the blog.  Your email will not be public on the blog, and will only be accessible to Andrea, me, and occasionally, your fellow writers.
— You must speak English, but it does not have to be your first language.  As long as you speak it well enough to write articles and make videos, then you're totally fine.
— There are no restrictions as to gender, religion, sexuality, etc.  None of that matters, and the team/blog will be a safe place for all.
— However, we ask that only ages 13+ apply.  Please make sure that you have your parents' permission to post on the blog.
— Be passionate about one of the beats below!  If you don't really care about what you're writing about, then why bother?

So, what are the beats?

- Writing/Wattpad: You will have the opportunity to interview Wattpad authors, review books both on and off the site, talk about writing contests that people can participate in, etc.

- Fashion/Beauty: Discuss the latest trends, how to emulate a celebrity's look, what to wear for back-to-school, etc.

- Lifestyle: Discuss things that are happening in your life -- what new recipe did you try out?  What was your first skydiving experience like?  You hate rollercoasters - what made you fear them?  We want to read life experiences that will be relatable and resonate with your audience.  

- Music: Discuss the latest album that just came out, the artist who just passed away, the band that changed up their sound, music festivals, etc.

- Art/Photography/Film: Discuss art and artists, interview some of your favorite Instagram artists, write about tips on how to draw a realistic looking nose or how to edit your Instagram picture for perfection, etc.

Think you have what it takes?  Then, apply!

Applications are open until August 12th, 2017.

You can do so by visiting this Google Form link:

https://goo.gl/forms/N1BlrsvfrHXNfB3p2