Chapter 8

We left from Perth nearly an hour ago and I still have no idea where Troye is taking me. It's cold in the car, nothing like the heat outside. I start to shiver and Troye turns off the air conditioning in the minivan. 

"Troye, I've asked you like a million times, where the hell are we going?" 

"A secret place," He replies, a sly smile on his face that makes me want to kiss him right now. He turns the car off of the interstate and onto a city street. That's when I see waves of the brightest blues crash against rocks on the sea shore. The fine sand was wet with ocean water. People were just starting to leave the beach area, but I noticed a sign in the distance. 

ALWAYS OPEN

"Troye," I squeak out, an australian accent just beginning to make its way into his name. 

"Most people leave around, oh, 5:30. What time is it?" I looked at the cars clock and began to say the time when suddenly, I'm interuppted. 

"It doesn't matter anyways," He says as he parks the minivan in a spot near the enterance. I lifeguard probably a year younger than me and Troye smiles lightly at us as we walk to the sand. 

"Oi, you guys are here late," He says. His tanned and muscular body is shown. Troye's mouth is in a straight line, as if he's angry at this boy for speaking up. He doesn't say anything. I smile sweetly at him. 

"Is that a problem, um, Josh?" I say as I read the tag he had hung around his neck. 

"I'm leaving, so yeah, it kind of is." 

"Now, Josh, what does that sign say out there?" I ask, trying to sound as passive-aggressive as my innocent personality would let me. 

"Always open," He sighs. Obviously irritated with my little comments. "Alright. Go on in. Just don't be swimming. I can't save your dumb asses," He laughs. Troye and I muster a chuckle as he leaves the beach and we walk on. The sand is soft in the heat of the evening. In fact, it's so soft I barely am able to walk. Troye holds my hand tightly as if to protect me from gravity itself. 

"It's almost sunset." I say. Troye embraces me in a soft attempt to make the moment. I break away and run laughing down the coast. The beautiful blond boy laughs his lovely laugh and begins to chase me down the beach, yelling out taunting terms of endearments to me. 

"You're a little shit, you know that?" He says, as he narrowly misses waist. 

"I try," I reply sassily. Finally, after many attempts, he grabs onto my waist and begins to kiss the crevices of my neck and my thin, round jawline. He stops for a moment, only to pull me down onto a dry part of the sand and pull me into a tight embrace that I accept this time. 

"I love you," He says. For a moment, time seems to stop. I look at every part of him. His eyes, the deepest cerulean blue. Nearly perfectly matched to the crashing waves in the distant. I notice the darker navy blue outer circle. They make his eyes become completely radient. I notice his button nose and the way it sits perched on his face, bring dimension and crevice to his face. I notice the freckles that line his eyes, and the way they make him look like a raccoon in the night. The last thing I notice before time starts again, is his lips. I noticed the way it curved naturally into a grin and how pink and perfect they were. I almost leaned forward and planted my thin, chapped lips onto his. Almost. 

"Troye, why did you do this?" I ask. 

"I don't know. You told me a while back that you had never seen the ocean. Now you can say you have," 

"What's something you've never seen, Troye?"

"Well, that's tough. I can tell you, I've never been to Denver. What goes on there?"

"You could come see our local Walmart?" I smile widely. He chuckles to himself. "Nothing, really. We have Comic Con every year and we've been asked to host the X-Games a few times, but always refused. I've always hated living there because nothing happened," 

"I would too," Suddenly, I notice two teenage girls, probably about 13. They have bikini strings tied tightly around their necks and on top if their bodies, tanktops and short shorts. They're each holding a soda and they're coming right towards us. 

"Are you Troye Sivan?" One asks. She has blond hair, hanging in curls down her back. She's skinny, maybe a size 3 waist. 

"I am. Do you need something?"

"Yeah, we do. I'm Renee and this is my friend Monica and we need to know why you're dating an ugly whore like that. What you need is someone with a good body and a good personality. This bitch doesn't look like she could hold a conversation and she's what, a 32A and a size 9?"

"Seven!" I yell out. I'm furious, but my 5'4" stature couldn't hold off the two. 

"Excuse me ladies, but I don't appreciate you talking to my girlfriend like that. I want you to know that she's an English major and is on her way to writing the next best novel. She can hold a great conversation. I'm not one for girls like you, I guess. I'm sorry. Plus...I'm 18," He says. 

"Suit yourself," They walk away with a new swagger in their walk. However, this swagger is more defeated than it was. 

"Don't worry Kel," Troye wraps me in his arms and gives me a kiss on my cheek. But I can't help but feel like Troye may deserve someone better than me. 

"Do you ever feel like you deserve someone better?" I say abruptly.

"Never in a million years," Suddenly, I long for a kiss, but I knew this wasn't the right time. I fight off the hunger. It has to wait. At least until sundown.