Chapter 9

The sun set in brilliant bursts of reds and pinks. I watched in wonder as the sun seemed to explode in front of me. 

"You've never sat and watched an Australian sunset, have you Kel?" I hear Troye whisper quietly towards me. I nodded my head slowly, speechless. I rest my head on his slightly broad shoulders and hear him whisper a simple I love you in my ear. He leaned in and kissed me and suddenly I knew. I was completely and utterly in love with everything about him. 

I ran my fingers, painted their normal black, through his gelled blond hair as his hand came up to my face like in one of those cliche 'end of the movies' kisses. As the kiss began to get more intense, he moved is nimble fingers to the underside of my shirt, gently running them around my back and stomach area. I moved to take his shirt off. It came off with gentle subtlety. 

"Do you love me?" I say between smaller kisses. 

"More than the sun loves the moon. More than stars love the night. More than Australians love kangaroos. I will always." He leans in for one more small kiss and then shivers. I will admit. It was getting cold out. I couldn't let him end it now though. I hungrily kissed him again, which he graciously accepted, obviously starving himself. He moved his kisses down to my chest, but never came any farther than my neck. He kisses my collarbones and cheeks and forehead. I let him kiss me freely. He knew my limits and didn't push them. Suddenly, I felt him shiver uncontrollably. I had realized that the cold was starting to get to him. I pushed away and he put his shirt back on. He smiles and helps me up from the sand, now in the dark. 

"Ready to go home?" 

"Yes. I'm cold, Troye." 

"Me too Kel." He grabbed my hand and led me across the sad to the light blue minivan. I climbed into the passenger seat, while he climbed into the drivers seat. We took off, ready to get back to Perth. 

"Will you drop me off at the school?" For a Sunday night, the interstate was lonely, with little to no cars. 

"Yes. I don't want to, but I will." He says, his mouth now a straight line. Did I do something wrong? 

***

We didn't speak much on the way back and I can't help thinking I did something to upset my boyfriend. His eyes stayed locked on the road and he only let me take a small peck on the lips when I got dropped off. I was worried, so I tried to call him, but got only a voicemail. I called the house, but no one picked up there either. 

"Tay?" I called. She was in the middle of packing to move. 

"Yes?"

"Have you heard anything from Troye? I think he might be mad at me." 

"No. Why might he be mad at you?"

"I don't know." But I wasn't about to stop until I found out. And I was going to find out. It was just in the worst of ways...