Chapter 15

This chapter is a dedication to bvbangelxxx. Her book 'Wild Hearts' is amazing. You guys should check it out.

So here's a shout out to 'Wild Hearts.'

The eyes came closer to me, freeing itself from the bushes, revealing with it a man. The power radiating him was intoxicating. The stranger had my heart hammering away in its cage.

As I was laying on the ground, the first thing I noticed was his shoes- well polished and expensive. My eyes slowly trailed up and over his legs. Well-built body, good proportions with a narrow waist and broad shoulders. He even had a black knee length overcoat that we usually see detectives wearing. I couldn't see above his shoulders though. Welcoming the modern day Legolas. I can't help it, he just seems so old-fashioned.

It was amusing how I thought all this through the pain of shifting. But Zian was my new best friend. The only one I can trust now. Mainly because she is a wolf who was all in for finding a mate. And I can only imagine the pain she had to go through to come to leaving Blaze.

He is fine. Not as good as Blaze. But definitely handsome.

She purred in my mind.

Maybe we can use him. To get back at Blaze.

She said and I had to admit, I liked the way her idea very much. I don't think that I can ever end up loving anyone now. Thanks to Blaze, I am dead inside. Now all I wanted was blood, blood, and more blood. I wanted to go into a killing spree. I wanted all of them on their knees before me. And I wanted to torture them not until they wished they were dead, oh no... I wanted to torture them until they wished their souls never existed in the first place. I wanted it bad.

Another bout of pain crashed into me and I bit my tongue and closed my eyes, curling further into a ball.

"Who are you? What do you want?" I growled through the pain. My voice sounded like a dying toad in the relentless weather.

"My god you are beautiful. I don't see how he could've left you." A rich baritone voice said. No, it wasn't of a boy's. Not even of Blaze's age where he was stuck between a man and a boy. No this is a man. A mature one at that. My wolf and I found that very interesting and... attractive?

I wanted to scoff at what he said. They all say that when they see the color of my eyes. But look further and they won't think all that much. Today, I had worn the black contacts to school. But I guess the stress of the day and the crying after rejection had washed them away. Thankfully no one saw me without it. I didn't want to give them the full satisfaction of stripping me bare fully. This is just contacts, but at least something stayed hidden from Blaze. I need new contacts soon.

I could feel Blaze's presence in my mind. I wanted to push on his block but I restrained myself. I will never do that. Not after the rejection. I will ignore him completely. But I guess that the Moongoddess wanted us to stay connected in some way. As if that would bring us closer. Blaze and I ignored each other's presence in our minds with a passion.

I still couldn't see the handsome stranger's face.

"Zara, Zara... oh how I wish I found you years before. We could have accomplished so much more." He said, his voice almost melodious. This guy is creepy, and I am ever more so as I liked it. The way he talked was hypnotizing, almost compelling me to agree with him. Yes, he was as powerful as Blaze but with a lot of finesse and less aggression. Blaze compelled and forced you to agree with him. This stranger lured you into it. Both the methods dangerous and lethal in their own way.