Chapter 8. Falling Deeper

Days have passed by so fast and my life is just getting more capricious, whimsical and sometimes, complicated. I never would have thought that I’d experience living in a world like this. A world with Westlife lads.

And what surprises me most is that, my ‘friendship’ with them is getting stronger each and every day. Unbelievable, isn’t it? I get to see the different side of Westlife behind the camera and discover their true personalities that I didn't notice before. I didn’t expect that they are indeed funny and high-spirited almost all of the time. But that’s a good thing because that just makes us enjoy the company of each other even more. And I like them for that.

Now is the day we are scheduled to go to Japan to accomplish what we have to and it includes the making of Westlife’s new music video, I Lay My Love On You. As their tour manager, I’m obliged to come with them. But I don’t mind looking like a stupid tour manager anymore; they promised me to help me with my job though.

I’m already inside the plane with Mark and Kian talking to each other. We’re leaving Dublin in a few minutes. While waiting for the other lads to come in, I just remain in my seat, studying the itinerary that my uncle has given to me last week.

“I’m so hyped to go. I just can’t wait!”

“Hey Kian, don’t get overly excited. We’re already leaving in 40 minutes!”

“Can you blame me? Aren’t you excited, Mark?”

“Of course, I am, silly. Who wouldn’t, right?”

Kian bumps his fist gently against Mark. “C’mon, I thought you weren’t excited at all.”

Mark just smiles at Kian as a response and asks him to find their seats.

“Sit beside me, buddy” Mark orders, tapping the seat beside him.

“Sure,” Kian replies before then he scoots beside Mark.

I swear Kian and Mark look cute acting like that. When the two of them are already seated, Bryan, Shane and Nicky go out of the toilet.

“What’s up, Lauren?” Shane asks as he approaches near me.

I’m a bit touched by the thought of him asking how I am but I try my best to hide that I’m very affected just by hearing him ask me a simple question like that.

“I’m fine,” I answer, calming every nerve in my body.

“Hi, Lauren,” Bryan greets, wearing a sweet smile on his cute face.

 “Hello,” I reply.

“Can I—“ He’s about to say something when Nicky rushes towards him and gives him a bone-crushing hug from behind.

“This is it! We’re already going to Japan, buddy!” Nicky shouts euphorically whilst jumping up and down like a kiddo and nearly causing the plane to wobble.

Oh, looks like someone is just as psyched as Kian, huh?

“C-can’t b-breathe,” Bryan complains.

“I-I’m sorry!” Nicky pulls away, giving Bryan an apologetic look before then glancing at me. “Hi, Lauren.”

“Hello,” is what I all manage to reply.

“Can I…can I sit beside you?” Nicky asks, allowing himself a lopsided smile.

“Uhmm, sure,” I answer as I spare him a fair share of space.

“Thanks!”

“Not at all.”

I then look back at Bryan and question, “Were you saying something earlier, Bryan?”