Chapter 20. I don't understand

(Before you read...)

You see, there's been a few plot twists in the previous chapters and there's more to come. I will stick to my original plot no matter what and you might find the next chapters kind of unexpected. But, the only thing I can promise is that the ending will be realistic. Thank you to my readers who've been with me since Chapter one :)

Te quiero <3

------------

Chapter 20. I don't understand

It's been a month since Westlife took a break from work after their successful tour in Japan. Now that all of them are already here in Dublin, of course, we've to get back to business- TV guestings, promotion, and for today, a photoshoot. 

If you'd ask me if I'm already used to my job, well, hell no. Working as a tour manager is still beyond me after all. 

To get this day started, we all went to the studio to get ready for the photoshoot. I don't know why I had to come with them though it's not within my scope, right? It seems like I'm doing almost all the work while my Uncle Louis is just having a good time chilling out somewhere. 

Who's the talent manager again?

"Hi, Lauren," Mark shuffles towards my direction, looking excited. He's alone and I don't know where the other boys are since we arrived here in the studio an hour ago.

"Hi, Marky" I smile

"Have you got a pressie for Nicky?" he mumbles

I barely heard him. "Huh?"

He leans closer. "Pressie for Nicky"

"Oh," I say, my eyes automatically searching for Nicky who happens to be having a conversation with someone- a dark-haired woman clad in a red lace dress. And they're laughing at one another like there's no tomorrow. Or to simply say, flirting...

My god, is it so disgusting.

I instantly wish a sledgehammer would appear in front of me right now to whack that woman on the head.

"Earth to Lauren, are you still with me?!" Mark shouts to my ear

My eyes snap to attention. "Y-yes, what?"

"I said, have you got a pressie for Nicky? Remember, his birthday is on the 9th and that is..."

Mark enthusiastically talks about Nicky's upcoming birthday though I can't make sense of it. I'm distracted... and teed off for whatever damn reason. Looking back at Nicky's direction, I now see the woman leaning closer to him like some kind of a hooker. I curl my fist tightly into a ball, fantasizing of smacking her in the face.

"Who is she?!" I ask Mark, my voice an octave higher than usual.

"...hope he'll like it--What--huh--who?" he stops talking about the birthday thingy and then I point my finger to the 'hooker'. "Oh, that's Niamh, our new stylist from Donegal. Want to talk to her?"

I shake my head. "No! I just... I just ughh. Nevermind."

"Okay, lads, time to change clothes!" Niamh announces as she turns away from Nicky. Her dress is too short for her but she doesn't mind pulling it down a little bit. 

"Talk to you again later," Mark says before he walks over to where Niamh and their clothes are all hung up.

New stylist, huh? Shame on you, not looking like a professional as what you must be. Whatever, you're still a flirt to me, Niamh. I don't like you. I hope you're not invited to Nicky's birthday or I will make you regret that you were ever born--