Chapter 1

*WARNING* This story has made nearly everyone cry so be wary.

Rachel’s POV

“I want to meet One Direction” I say firmly. I was sitting across the table from my Make a Wish counselor. She looked very strict, her hair is pulled back tightly into a bun and she had a very pinched face. She was supposed to try and help me think of what my wish would be but so far all she’d suggested was going to a baseball game or getting a puppy. Why would I get a puppy? My mom would just end up being stuck with it once I was gone.

“Ok, what are some other wishes” She asks, jotting that down on a piece of paper. We were supposed to come up with 3-4 wishes in case one of them didn’t work out. That way we’d still be able to have a wish.

“No” I say shaking my head “I want to meet One Direction, it’s my only wish” I reply. “And not that US One Direction. I want the real thing. Harry, Liam, Louis, Zayn, and Niall” I add. This was the risky part. By not giving other requests I could essentially not be given a wish at all. She frowns slightly glancing up at me before jotting down something else. I know she wasn’t happy with me.

“Well I’ll see what we can do” She finally says with a sigh, as she closes the file and walks out of the room leaving me with one of the nurses to help get me back to my room.

Two months ago I had taken a softball to the head during a game. They brought me in just to make sure that I didn’t have a concussion or anything and what they found was something I’d never imagined. There was spots on the brain scan. I had Brain Stem Glioma. It’s inoperable and the radiation would only extend my life a year or two. I was 17 years old and going to die.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much to @OneBandOneDirection for making the trailer for me!