Chapter 1

Prologue:

Interviewer: So Shelly, what's it like to have a movie and be an actress in it?

Shelly: well actually, it was a pretty good experience.

Interviewer: How was the movie for you, Vina? Your experience was quite thrilling.

Vina: well, it was great. My faith grew more in God and that was the best part.

Interviewer: Sammy? How did this all happen?

Sammy: well, let us tell you by our points of view. It all began like this...

SHELLY'S POV

"Hey guys!" I said. I was picking up my friends, Isabella, Jill, Angel, Maran, Vina, Reyna and Sammy at the Atlanta airport.

"How was the flight?" I asked them. "Great. But tiring." Reyna said. "This is so exciting! I can't believe we're really going to college here in America!"Jill exclaimed.

You see, we're all from the Philippines. But Reyna and I have lived here before for about 10-11 years, so I arrived ahead to make arrangements.

"Hello girls! I'm Mike, Shelly's uncle."Uncle Mike said. "I'm Isabella, this is Vina, Jill, Angel, Maran, Sammy and Reyna." Isabella said as she introduced them. "Why don't you bring all of your luggage here." Uncle Mike said. So we brought our luggage over to the back of the Honda van. We helped Uncle Mike load our luggage so we would get done faster.

Once we were in the van, we all started talking. "So girls, how are your families?" "My family lives in Canada. I only stayed for two years. Now I'm going to college here." Angel said. "My family lives in Davao." Sammy said. Everyone's family did except for Angel. "My family's coming later this summer. They're gonna catch up." I said. After that, we all started talking about things we saw out the windows.

"So Shelly? What will we be doing this summer?" Angel asked. You see, I had wanted to surprise them so I decided not to tell them while we were in the Philippines.

"We will be going sightseeing here in Atlanta tomorrow. Then the next day, we can go to Bethesda to swim, then we can go shopping, then on Wednesday, we'll take a road trip to Orlando. We'll visit Disney World, all four parks, Sea World, and Universal Studios. We'll visit 2 parks each day, then go shopping in an outlet the last day. On Sunday, we'll head back to Atlanta then prepare for our flight to San Francisco on Monday. We'll visit LA and Las Vegas too." I said. Actually, it was more of reciting.

Anyway, they all started talking excitedly. I didn't want to interrupt them so I kept the last surprise to myself. I was planning, actually all of our families had planned with me that we would go on a cruise. We would take the Disney Fantasy to the Bahamas. They would be screaming, I bet.

So we just continued to talk and enjoy the view until we reached Lawrenceville. When the can was parked, we unloaded our baggage.

"Hello Shelly! Hello girls." Aunt Beth came out of the garage door. "Girls, you'll be split up into 3 rooms. 2 or 3 of you can sleep in the room downstairs, 2 can sleep in a room upstairs, and the others can sleep in the other room upstairs." She told us.

So we settled it.

Isabella, Jill, and Maran would sleep downstairs, Maran and Vina in a room shared by 2, and Sammy and Reyna with me.

We brought our luggage upstairs and unloaded the things we'd need while we were here in Georgia.

An hour had passed before we were finally done shopping.

"I am so glad people created money and credit cards. Who ever created them is one of the best geniuses." Sammy said. We laughed while eating our lunch.