Chapter 16

SHELLY'S POV

We finally finished off the two packs of wolves. I am so talking to Zayla when we're out of here. This is just so unfair. Why TWO packs? That's just too much for 8 wounded girls. Thankfully, we had enough sleep last night and our prayers were heard and God helped us. But still. Being in this movie better pay off.

We continued to travel forward for hours. Sammy and I climbed pine trees again to look for the exit. We were still 1/2 more of 1/2 of the whole thing. I'm so glad our pace isn't slow.

We traveled for another 2 days with no creatures, and with 1 mile left to go. We had found food stored in trees.

We were all praying that nothing would happen so we could go home well. We were all tired and were hurting badly. And then our nightmares came true.

We were all sitting in the mouth of another cave eating. Angel and I went out to look ahead in the trees while Sammy and Reyna scouted the ground. The others packed up and walked around. Then we heard screams. It's like our watches were connected to our ears. Isabella was calling me while Jill called Angel. We scrambled down the tree we were in and ran to the places we thought they were in. I found Isabella.

She was in a tree. She was smiling cruelly with a knife in her hand. I was shocked. "Isabella?" I asked. She jumped down and started chasing me. I ran and ran knowing I was too far away from my friends to ask for help. I ran till I reached the river. I had to make a choice. Swim, or fight. I decided to fight for the river was a bit frozen.

I turned and faced her. She was a few feet away from me. She threw her knife at me and it grazed my thigh. I knelt, burning in pain. Before I blacked out, I saw her triumphant smile as she brought her knife down on my chest.