Chapter 17

ZAYLA'S POV

We were watching the girls on tv. 3 days had passed and I was tearing up. Shelly and Maran had horrible cuts on their chest and thighs, And the others also had big cuts and gashes. They were all being chased by one of their friends.

After they were done with, they were all tired, while Shelly and Maran were unconscious. I cried.

Lord, please help them.

I prayed. Xyria turned the tv off. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Nothing. I just don't want you to see the surprise." She said. I stared at her as she walked out. I looked around to find a way to get these ropes off me. I struggled earlier, and it made Xyria tie them tighter. There was the couch, tv, table with magazines, and a shelf. I turned my body and I felt something in my pocket.

I remembered that my knife was in my pocket. I always brought my knife with me. Why dis I forget? I turned sideways and "shook" waiting for my knife to slip out. I used my left hand to grab it, pulled my hand back, then started to cut. I hurt my right hand, as I cut.

I was finally free. I cut the ropes off my ankles and I walked to the tv and turned it on. The girls had gotten up. They were all moving towards the river. They were all separated but found each other at the river. They talked, then moved forward, slowly, to the exit.

An hour and a half later, they reached the exit. Xyria, George, their helicopters, and guards were all surrounding the exit. The girls stood there.

"Hello there. Glad you made it. Zayla sent me to tell you you're needed back at headquarters." I turned off the tv, dropped the remote, then ran outside. "Don't listen to her!" I yelled. Everyone looked at me. "Get her!" Xyria said. Guards ran towards me. "Survive! God will help you through!" I yelled as I ran away. The girls looked back at Xyria and I had no idea what happened next.