|thirteen|

Harry's POV

Things are coming along so nicely, right now. I honestly couldn't be happier. She wasn't even my girlfriend yet, but it's been a long time since I was genuinely happy with another human being. Zoe makes me feel like, like I could do anything, no matter what it is. I know that's really cliché but it's true. She makes me smile and laugh and all those things that girls are supposed to make boys feel like. I'm dreading the day she has to leave, and I'm really not sure how easy it will be, especially if we become even more than just now. I try and block it out of my mind most of the time, try to live in the moment. Damn, these clichés are just super applicable to my life right now, I suppose.

I stood up off Zoe's bed after talking for a few minutes and stretched my arms. "We're picking Niall up at 8." I told her, walking slowly to the door to give her a little space.

"Alright, well, Emma said she's been out shopping today, again, and she wants to talk to me a bit before dinner, so she will be here around 7. Is that cool?" She asked quietly, staying seated as she looked up at me with wide eyes. God, she's perfect.

"Of course. It's already nearly pushing 5:30 though, so I'm gonna grab a shower and get ready." I smiled softly, heading out of her room before turning around once more. "That is, unless.. you care to join me?" I asked cheekily, winking quickly at her.

Zoe got a crimson-pink blush on her cheeks and looked down at the floor the instant I said anything, before standing up and walking over to me by the door. She placed a hand on my chest and looked up at me with her big blue eyes.

"Next time?" She whispered quietly. She's a fucking tease, that's what she is. I felt butterflies erupt in my stomach from the simple touch she did, making me fall into a puddle of mush, practically.

"I'm holding you to it." I muttered. I took a step back and held her hand for a second, giving a small kiss to the top of it as I still looked at her gorgeous eyes. "I'll see you in a bit." I said finally, letting it go as I turned towards my room to go grab some clothes then take a shower.

It was strange; knowing we would see each other in a few minutes but acting like it will be an eternity of waiting? It's just like high school, I guess.

I took a nice, long refreshing shower before getting dressed in a dark blue button up shirt, black blazer, black tie, and black slacks.

Of course I hoped Emma and Niall hit it off, because that would be amazing, but I was just excited about spending time with my girl.

My girl..? What the fuck. I wasn't even thinking, it just came out. It felt nice to say though, no matter how weird it sounded. She wasn't even my girl yet, but I liked the sound of that.

Zoe's POV

I messed around on Twitter and Tumblr on my phone while I waited in the living room for awhile before I heard an obnoxiously loud knock on the door, assuming it was my best friend.

"Hi!" Emma said loudly, her voice echoing in the spacious room as I opened the door.

"Calm the hell down." I said with a blank face, trying my hardest not to laugh, but breaking and cracking up anyways. She was holding bunches of shopping bags, her little hands could hardly hold all of them. I'm surprised she hasn't gone bankrupt yet, honestly.

"Let's go to my room." I said, walking towards my room, Emma following closely behind me with a sky grin on her lips. She threw all the bags on my bed and started looking for one or two in particular. I sat down on the end of the bed, casually browsing through everything she bought as I tilted my head slightly. Some of the items were so bizarre, I doubted she would even ever wear them out.