Enzyme

They are approaching too quickly for you to put any distance between you and them. It would be suicide to try to outrun their assault rifles and you didn't wake up this morning with a death wish. You catch yourself glancing toward the emergency exit door but you couldn't imagine leaving Preston behind, even if he is an asshole sometimes.

You glance around and see the coffee shop you found Preston at this morning and in less than twenty seconds of terror, your ass is firmly planted on the floor behind the counter. In another time, you would have been arrested for nosing around back here. Somehow you realize that you've ascertained that the cash register is, indeed, still locked. Another explosion of gunfire reminds you that you are still in danger and you quietly creep along on your hands and knees to the back room where they keep the supplies and their broken hopes and dreams. You spot the deep freezer, a massive steel rectangle with a two-part lock that bears a striking resemblance to a Fallout vault.

You scramble toward the undoubtedly bulletproof door and yank it open, diving into the arctic cold inside and pulling the door as far shut as you can, noticing in the dim glow from the automated light above that there is no opening mechanism on the inside.

You are at an impasse here: staying here might be a big, big problem. You duck behind the racks of milk and pull your hoodie tight around yourself, staring at the sliver of light coming from the crack you left in the door. You can bet they wouldn't find you if you closed that door completely and hid, but you couldn't survive in here forever, or even for a few hours. Who knows how long this siege will last, or when someone will think to check in here?

Should you go back out to the store room and try to find a way out of this mess? Would it be better to take your chances and try to wait it out here?

Find a better way to escape certain death - go to Convulsion

Keep it cool and wait the attack out in here - go to Amuse