Forgiveness

Justin’s POV

*Ding, Dong*

“Justin, will you get the door, I’ll be down in a sec.” my mother yelled from across the hall.

“Yeah.” I yelled back to her as I was looking in the mirror. I had on a pair of dark skinny jeans and a nice dress shirt. I hopped down the stairs and opened the door to revel Usher and Nicole standing in front of me.

“Hey dork, how are you?” Usher asked while walking in and ruffling my hair.

I laughed and got out of his grip. “I’m good.”

“Here give this to your mother, where ever she is.” He said handing me a bottle of champagne.

“Will do.” I said taking it from him as he walked into the kitchen.

I turned around to face Nicole.

I looked her up and down.

“You look beautiful.” I told her with a smile. Her face turned a beat red color. I smirked at her.

“Thank you.” She said. “You look very…nice.” she then proceeded to walk past me and into the kitchen. I followed her.

“Darling, you look great.” My mother squealed to Nicole.

Nicole had a big smile plastered on her face. They continued to have a conversation about god knows what. I walked over to Usher as he poured himself a drink.

He looked up at me and smirked. “Here.” He said passing me a glass of champagne.

“Thanks.” I said and took a sip.

“You’re going to need it with what you’re going to go through tonight.” He said taking a sip of his own glass.

I rolled my eyes and glared at him.

“What, I’m just saying.”

“I’m worried enough, I don’t need you tell me worse things.” I told him shaking my head.

“Got it, sorry.” He said sitting down at the bar table.

“So, what are you going to say?” he asked me.

“Not sure yet, still thinking about it.”

He nodded in response.

“Ok guys the food is going to be ready in about 2 minutes so why don’t we all go sit down?” Pattie told us, motioning us into the elegant dining room.

We all sat down at the table, my mother sat down next to me while Nicole sat directly across from me and Usher sat across from my mother.

I placed my white cloth napkin in my lap. I looked up to make eye contact with Nicole; I gave her a smile that she returned in a much weaker sense.

I looked down at my phone.

“Justin, phones away.” My mother screeched.

I nodded and shoved it back into my pocket.

“Oh good the food is coming.” My mother announced as the door of the dining room opened up and people walked through and started serving us.

As soon as we got all our food we put out hands together and bowed our heads.

“Jesus we thank you for this delicious food you have put before us, we thank you for a good and healthy family and bless Nicole’s mother as she makes her way down here for Cali in a couple weeks. Amen.” My mom prayed. We all murmured an amen after she finished.