Shopping

Walking into the kitchen the next morning I heard voices. I stopped short of the kitchen door do a little eavesdropping.

“I don’t know if it’s a good idea Justin.” I knew that voice was ushers.

“Oh come on what’s the worse that could happen? She’ll be by me the entire time.” Justin said.

“I don’t know.” He trailed. “I would talk to her I guess, see what she say but I’m telling you Justin no means no with this, don’t try to convince her. I know what kind of effect you have on her.” Usher finished.

I found this was a good time to walk in.

“Morning.” I said with a smile.

A smile instantly grew on Justin’s face when he saw me. He walked over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

“Ok well I’m leaving and Justin remember what I said.” Usher spoke as he pointed to Justin and walked out of the kitchen.

Justin nodded instantaneously.

“Remember what?” I asked Justin once Usher was gone.

He gave me a small smile before taking my hand and leading me out on the patio that over hung the large in-ground pool.

“So I was thinking, and please keep an open mind about this.” He said and I nodded motioning him to finish.

“So the VMA’s are coming up.” He said trialing off. Suddenly my heart started racing knowing where this was going. My breath hitch in my throat and I suddenly felt the need to vomit.

“Will you be my date?” he asked before biting his lip with a nervous look on his face.

My mouth fell into an O.

“Justin please. I am nothing like a celebrity. I don’t have twenty designer gowns just stored in my back closet, I just. I don’t know, I don’t think I would fit in I would just be uncomfortable.” I said try not to hurt him.

His face fell.

“You wouldn’t feel uncomfortable at all, I’ll be right next to you the whole time. I promise and I’ll get you a dress and you’ll look great.” He said with a reassuring smile.

“I don’t know Justin.” I said shaking my head.

“Please.” He pleated. “Look I’m 18 now and I would love to take a date with me to one of these things. And I wouldn’t want to do it with anyone else but you.” He said with a smile that fit him so well.

Damn him and his charms.

I let out a breath. I gave him a small smile. “Fine but we go dress shopping today.” I said before getting up. “But after you take me to mac dons for breakfast.” I said looking down at him.

He smiled widely before standing up and giving me a hug.

“Thank you.” He said while giving me a kiss on the top of my head.

I gave him a smile. He then took my hand and led me to the car park out front.

.

.

.

After our, oh so delicious mac dons breakfast we were off to the stores along the coast, which meant a 2 hour drive. Shoot me.

“Let’s play a game.” Justin said from the driver’s seat as we pulled onto the interstate.

“Mmm, like what?”