Chapter 4

"....how do you think she's doing?" Nora questioned curiously. Ren was sitting on the couch next to her while Jaune was sitting on the floor. Ruby was standing, fiddling with her scythe.

"I don't even want to guess.. Probably not good." Ruby mumbled. Unlike her normal personality, she too was bummed. Pyrrha's death had been hard on Ruby as well- Ruby had watched Pyrrha die. Ruby had to live with the guilt of I could've saved her.

"...okay. I understand." Nora looked away, and stood up.

"Where are you going, Nora?" Jaune questioned.

"I need to call a friend." Nora responded, and stepped outside. She breathed in the fresh air, and called.

"Hello?" A very, very old friend of hers, named Nebula Sine answered. Nebula attended Haven academy, and the two had met briefly at a party. Nora had "accidentally" eaten a cupcake off of Nebula's plate.

"I need some help. See, I think that bad things might happen to Haven, just like what happened to Beacon. My team and I are headed over there soon- you want to meet up with us there?"

"..alright. Why not?" Nebula shrugged. "It's been a long time, Nora."

"Yeah. That's for sure."

Nora hung up on her scroll, and grinned. At least she knew that there would be people waiting to welcome them to Haven. Well, at least once they finish getting Yang to come with them.

Nebula was a part of team CNDY, consisting of Calla Yera, Dax Green, and Yuri Etria. While Nora knew nothing about the other three, she expected them to be rather nice. Well, hopefully.

"Hey, Ruby.. We should probably go tomorrow." Nora said. "So, if you want Yang to come.."

"Of course I want her to come... But.." Ruby sighed. "I don't know what she's going to do. She might want to find Blake."

"But... No one even knows what direction Blake went in." Ren pointed out.

"Yeah. No one does. Yang has been telling me how she hates Blake, and never wants to see her again. Yang doesn't want to even know why Blake left... But it's not true. I know Yang, and I know that Yang wants to go see Blake again." Ruby sighed. "But I know that Yang also wants to go with us, so I really don't know what she'll do.."

"...well, crud. She's only got today to decide.." Nora frowned. "Your dad doesn't know, right?"

"Only Yang knows." Ruby confirmed. "I'll be able to leave without him knowing."

"Maybe someone should go talk to her." Ren suggested. Ruby shook her head.

"I don't know. Maybe.."

In reality, Ruby was wondering why everything had to end up this way.

<><><>

Blake didn't know where to run.

Unknown to popular belief, she had run- at first. She'd come to her senses- well, somewhat. She knew that she didn't want to risk anyone else getting hurt because of her. That didn't change. But she did know she didn't want to lose contact with her friends.

So she followed them.

She heard them discussing plans on going to Haven Academy. She shook her head. Didn't they ever learn? There wasn't anything they could do. Yang had been outmatched by Adam in a single slice. What hopes did they have?

Her stomach growled, and she knew she needed to eat soon. Unfortunately, she had only been able to eat whenever it was night. She snuck into the house in the dark, and stole food. It was horrible, yes, and Blake hated being a thief, but she had no choice now. With Gambel Shroud clenched at her side, she ducked back into the forest. She knew she could try to hunt, but hunting made her sick. It made her feel like she was killing one of her own.

An animal.

Blake was disgusted with herself.

I'm not an animal...

Even though she wasn't, that's what other people thought. They treated her worse because of it, and that's why Blake always wore her bow.

Blake was always too worried about other people's opinions.

She wondered how Yang was doing. She wondered if Yang hated her. Maybe it would be better if she did hate me..

Blake miserably sighed and sat on the ground. She pulled the ribbon out of her hair and tied it around her wrist, her ears twitching at the release. She half-heartedly smiled as she patted her now-free ears.

I'm sorry.. But I won't let you all get hurt because of me.

<><><>

Weiss was furious.

She wished she could've made a bigger fight when her dad came to pick her up from Ruby's house. If she had, she wouldn't be stuck here, at home..

And she wouldn't have been taken away from Ruby.

Weiss sighed as she thought about all the adventures Ruby was probably having right now, and Weiss was stuck at home.

With her father- and, of course, Whitley.

Ugh.

Weiss knew how annoying her brother could be, so she was rather confused when he began to act nice to her. She knew something was wrong.

And that's why she was leaving.

Yes, leaving.

She couldn't stand her family. They irritated her to no end. Whitley was a conniving child, and her father...

Ugh.

She was the Heiress to the Schnee Dust Company, but she really didn't want to be that. She wanted to be a Huntress. Well- actually- she just wanted to defy her father.

Like Winter.

Winter was her role model. Weiss wanted to be just like her.

And that's why she was leaving.

Well, that's what she told herself.

In reality, she just wanted to see Ruby again.