Chapter 34: A Dead Rabbit and A Set of Parents

After an uneventful Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok meetings, it's time for us to go back to Jakarta.

And by uneventful I mean, we signed a MoU contract for Mori Building, Mitsui Fudosan and Accor Hotels Group for our new restaurant project in Tokyo and Kuala Lumpur (Looks like Volk giving emergency mouth-to-mouth to Sakamoto-san indeed paid off!), and a license agreement with Central Restaurant Group for our Bangkok branches. In fact, we're creating a new restaurant concept that will launch in CentralWorld soon.

Since we didn't have a chance to explore Bangkok, as we spend most of our two-day schedule doing business meetings and dinner with local suppliers and staffs, exploring the city is officially written in our to-do list. We didn't really have a chance, even just to visit Chatuchak District, because we're already dead tired as our meeting on the first day ends at 10.30pm, while the second day ends at 11.30pm.

So yeah, we really didn't have a single time to explore the beauty of Bangkok's night market.

And if you asked me what are we doing in Kuala Lumpur, all we do is: drop our baggage in the airport hotel, meeting with staff who stayed in KL, MoU signing, dinner with our responsible staff and those Accor and Mori people before we took off to the airport hotel to doze off before we took the first flight to Bangkok.

We both woke up really late today thankfully, and our flight's in the afternoon, so we had a brunch at the hotel's cafe. Just our luck, the buffet offers my favorite Thai dish, phat khaprao. To my surprise, they served it with onsen tamago.

"I'm glad this is over..." Volk stretches his limbs as we climbed our limo which provided by the hotel.

Just like what happened in Singapore, where Genting provided us hotel for our stay, Central Restaurant Group provides us a place to stay at Centara Grand in Bangkok.

"Not quite," I mumbled, dejectedly as I rub my neck.

"What do you mean by that? It's only MoU with others and one last meeting with another interested company," he chuckled at my tired attitude.

"That's the thing. I'm very, very anxious to get this over with. After all of those and another last meeting with the staff, we can finally have our well-deserved break. I really want to introduce you to lots of things. Like nasi padang, for instance. I haven't eat any authentic beef rendang ever since I've been back to Indonesia for so long..." I sighed as I ramble.

"You really miss home, huh?"

"Not quite. Politic turmoil makes me decided to held myself back," I shook my head.

I closed my eyes to rest. As soon as I do that however, my gut suddenly clenches.

***

Riding back to the hotel, all I want is to check and re-read everything before the meeting tomorrow, but after that little Singapore incident, Volk wanted me to rest.

From the look in his eyes, that means I better not to argue with him.

As much as I wanted to rest, my gut clenches as if I wanted to constipate, but I didn't want to do so. It's really strange, as if something bad is going to happen.

"What are you frowning about?" Volk asked, looked at me concerned.

"I don't know. My gut keeps clenching. But I didn't have any desire to constipate. It's feels different," I replied.

"Which reminds me, Drake was pacing restlessly and he was feeling antsy. I don't know why, though."

I can't get rid of this uneasiness, even when we arrived.