The Start

***********

"NO!!" I screamed.

I sat up in my bed and realized that it was just a nightmare. I've had the same nightmare since I could remember. Even today I don't know what it means. Then a knock came from my bedroom door. I got up from my bed and went to get it.

"Coming!" I yelled. When I opened the door I noticed it was my best friend Caroline.

"Morning Rose!" she said as she entered my room, "Come on you have to get ready, or else we are going to be late to school!"

I groaned. 

I forgot it was the first day of school. The first day of senior year.

"Do I have to go?" I asked whining pulling the covers over my face.

"Yeah! Of course you have to came it's the first day, plus they are going to come and get you if you don't" She told me annoyed pulling me out of bed. Once she saw I was up, she left to continue getting ready herself.

I processed to change my pj's for a pair of black skinny jeans, stripped shirt and hair as well as so my daily makeup routine all under 2 minutes thanks to my special powers.

I'm what people call a dhampir. What's dhampir? Well it's a half human, half vampir. Yeah, except I'm no the ordinary dhampir. There's different levels of power when it came to dhampirs. 

Since I was half human which isn't very common, made me what they call a Yoona. They are the weakest of the dhampirs, but my powers are what make me an even more rare type of dhampir. Gladly Caroline understands me, for she is a one of rare kind too but she was part slayer instead of human.

"Ready!" I yelled from the bathroom that was right next to Caroline's.

 I quickly grabbed my phone along with my backpack and we ran out to the door to get to the bus stop. We may live in the school property, but the actual school campus is far away from the dorms.

We usually sit down near the end of the bus. The reason is that we can do just about anything and the driver won't notice, since he's just an old human. Especially since the ride is kinda long since we have to pick up more kids.

As a daily ritual I instinctively look for my headphones to listen to music and groan when I remember that I left them in my room.

"Hey Caroline, do you have extra pair of earphones? I asked.

"Did you lose yours or what?¨ She said as she gave me her extra earphones, while getting her own out.

"No, I just forgot them at the house" I told her. I plugged them in and got onto looking for a song to play.

"Hey how come you curled your hair? You only curl it for a special occasions..." Caroline said suspiciously looking at me.

I got nervous because she was right. Thing was that I haven't told her about Ethan and me. I've liked Ethan since the ninth grade, and we happen to get in touch during the summer and got together, so I put extra effort to look nice. Problem is that she doesn't like him. At all.

"It's the first day of school Caroline, so it is a special occasion" I said with fake annoyance. "Why would I do it other wise?" She looked like she didn't believe me, but didn't grill me farder, which I was glad for.

"Ok guys, we are now here, remeber rotational order!" said the bus driver.

I rolled my eyes at the bus driver, and glared at how he treated us.

"Rose don't" Caroline warned in my head not looking up from her book

I forgot about the link we had. To make a long story short, let's just say that we accidentally were messing around and it invovled a lot with our blood when we were little. 

I sighed but silently growled as I got off the bus.

"Fine" I said defeated lowering my hands that I hadn't noticed had gone up.

When we got off we were greeted by our friends Ethan and Adrian. They were just like us in aspect of my friendship with Caroline, except they've known each other much longer. They were talking to each other about something, but stopped as we approached them. My earlier bad thoughts were gone once I meet Ethan's ligth brown eyes. Thank God Caroline was too busy reading to notice.

"Hi Ethan" I turned to Adrian, "Hey Adrian" I elbowed Caronline who was still reading.

"Ow!" she glared at me, but looked up.

"Oh hey Adrian" then she went back to reading her book but not before giving Ethan a dark look.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Ethan. "Can you come with me to my locker?" I asked him smiling.

"Ok" he said and we started walking leaving Adrian and Caroline alone.

Adrian has had a crush on her since I could recall, but Caroline is so into her own world that she doesn't notice.As for Ethan and me, we've been dating for a month now. I was happy and I hope he was too. 

We started to discuss our school schedule and what classes we were going to have together when I saw him. 

My shock was so great I didn't notice that I had dropped my books. Embarrassed I bent down to quickly retrieve them. As stood up from the floor to pick my books, I looked up to find myself looking front of the world's most dark brown eyes. I'm sure that I stood there staring at those eyes more than comfortable. Then I came to realized he was familiar, but I couldn't figure out how. 

Then the late bell wrung.

¨Rose? Is there something wrong?¨ Ethan said concerned. Completely forgetting his presence for a moment there, I blink and turn to him.

¨No, I'm ok.¨ I said smiling. ¨Go ahead to class I'll see you for second¨He nodded and walked away. I turned to close my locker when I felt a presence behind me.

I looked up and saw the boy from earlier smiling at me. 

"Hi, I'm Mason"