New start

Chapter 5: Rose's POV

I was in a lawn laughing and running happily.

"Roza! Roza!" Mason yelled at me.

"Hurry up and catch me!" I yelled back laughing evilly

Suddenly, the clear blue sky turned black, and smoke surrounded me. A fire.

"Mason!" I screamed, "Mason!"

"Wake up! Rose!"

I opened my eyes to find Caroline shaking me. It was a dream. Just a dream I told myself. It's not real. But why did it feel real?!

"Where am I?" I asked hoarsely while I was looking everywhere. 

"Mason? Where's Mason?!" I asked franticly. I got up only to be pushed back by Caroline.

"He's in his room, up and walking, according to his roomate" She reassured me. 

"Can't say the same about you though. You're white as a ghost and you really need rest," She looked worried. 

"You used a lot of your healing powers on Mason," She said with a frown, but lost it with a mischievous smile, "Why were you screaming Mason when you woke up?"

I looked at the floor and and curled up in a ball. "I had a... nightmare and he was in it... It was...just not good," I said softly.

"Oh...ok then," She said.

"So was Mason's roommate there?" I asked curiously and trying to change the subject.

I saw pink blush creep in her cheeks. Hmm... wonder why.

"Yeah he was. His name is Alec, he said he will let us know if Mason woke up," she said nervously.

By the look in her eyes, she hoped it was soon. I smiled. Finally someone grabbed Caroline's attention. Then a knock came upon the door.

"I'll get it" Caroline said quickly.

"Hey Caroline!" a deep voice said.

A guy with black hair, and deep blue eyes from what I could see was at the door. From Caroline's shy and nervous form, I knew it was Alec. He seemed familiar.

"I see Rose has woken up too?" Alec said coming in while looking at Caroline.

"Yeah, I'm awake. Forgive me but do I know you?" I asked him.

He stiffened, but quickly relaxed, "I think so, I've lived here all my life," he said with an easy smile. "You might have seen me around, maybe in the library?" he suggesting an idea.

I'm still not sure if that's how I know him, decided it's probably just me being paranoid. I smiled.

"That's probably how!" Then I remembered why he was here. "Is he ok? Hurt?" I asked worried.