The Stories of the Past

Chapter 7: Rose's POV

I woke up to find myself tucked in my bed. My head felt as if it been overly hit with a hammer with a headache that was starting to form. I tried to sit up, but arms were preventing me from doing so.

"Why are you up so early?" A voice next to me said groggily.

I flipped the person over, and realized who it was.

"Oops!" I exclaimed, "Sorry, Mason I thought it was some stranger."

I realized that we were in my room. In my bed. Together. Then a floodgate of memories of yesterday's events came back.

"ROSE!" Mason was shaking me.

 "Huh?" I replied. During my short moment I didn't realize that I had zoned out.

"Sorry I just forgot for a second what happened last night."

"Actually it was two nights ago." A voice coming from the door way said.

We turned to the person who was talking. Alec walked in, with Caroline not far behind him.

"So are you guys feeling better" Caroline asked with a worried expression.

"Yeah, we are fine" I told her. Alec looked as he didn't believe me.

"You sure?" He asked.

"Yes, we are." Mason replied curtly.

"Mason its ok. I know that, you are sad that he erased your memory and I am too, but remember that he had to or we would be in danger too" I tried to sooth him through our link.

"Plus now you will have to kiss up to him since he's my big brother" I added.

Mason just grunted in response.

"She's right you know. I might have known you since you were born, but you have to prove your worthy."

I was too shocked to move. I looked at Mason, which I could tell was too. Caroline due to that we were bonded, had heard and I could tell she was on Mason's side.

Then I realized that Alec's gift was mind manipulation, including the ability to read minds. I flushed red. Mason was not too happy about it either, not that he was happy to begin with.

"Don't worry I only read them when I feel you in danger." Alec told me.

I can tell Mason relaxed a bit but still was mad.

"So are you going to tell us what you've been doing?" Mason asked angrily.

"Mason, watch you tone. I'm angry too, but he is my brother and he's all I have of my family." I warned him.

Mason huffed, but I could tell he knew I was right. I saw Alec's eyes soften at my words, but then harden.

"Alec, so what happened that day? How did you escape? Were you the only one that made it alive?" I demanded.

"You might want to sit for this.... It's kind of a long story..." Alec said sadly.

We sat on the edge of the bed with Mason and Caroline. Alec took a chair near my desk and sat in front of us.

"It all started..."

****Flashback****