Chapter 15 - It's Not Me

Emily's POV
---
"Emily, wake up," a faint voice appeared in my dreams.

I rolled to the other side and fell off.

"Oww," I cried out as I rubbed my head.

I looked up to see Helena smiling. "You goofball, come on, wake up."

"Okay, I"m awake, I'm awake," I mumbled.

I stretched and rubbed my head. "That hurt."

I got up at walked to the kitchen to grab some food. I was about walk in only to be stopped by Helena.

"Emily, why would you get food at a time like this?" She mumbled.

"What do you mean.." I replied, trying to remember. "Oh. Sorry."

I walked back into the living room and saw Jasper and Kaden sitting down. I looked to the other side to see Mr. Harmon talking to Abby. I sat down next to Jasper and held his hand. He looked at me and smiled.

"It will be alright," he whispered. "We will all be okay, I promise."

I smiled back at him and nodded.

Mr. Harmon walked into the middle of the room and looked at me.

"Emily, are you okay now?" He smiled.

"Why would you care?" I spat. "You never cared about me."

He frowned and turned towards Abby. She smiled at him and nodded.

He turned back to face me and walked to me. He grabbed my arm and ran into a room. He let go and sat down.

My face went pale. "No.. Leave me alone!" I cried.

I ran to where the door was and banged on it. He grabbed my hair and pulled me back. 

"No!" I screamed. "Let me go!"

"Shh," he smiled. "How was your slumber?"

"What?" I mumbled, trying to get out of his grasp.

He laughed. "You don't remember, do you? Well then let me remind you. You adopted Kaden because he reminds you of Caleb. You want to protect him since you failed to protect Caleb. Caleb died because of you, Emily. Everything you love will once be gone unless you join me."

"No!" I screamed as I tore his hand off of me. "Stay away from me and my family!"

I ran towards the door and banged on it as hard as I could. Mr. Harmon made the door appear once again and I ran out.

Breathing heavily, I ran to Jasper and held onto him for dear life. Helena came up by me and hugged me. 

Mr. Harmon came up behind Helena and ripped her off.

"We are starting the game," he said angrily as he dragged Helena to one of the chairs.

I sat down by Jasper and Kaden. Helena kept staring at me with her beaming red eyes.

I realized one thing; if we have to play with just me, Helena, Jasper, Kaden, and Abby, I'll have to kill my own family. I felt my heart speed up as Jasper tightly held my hand, making me calm down a little bit.

The stitches were once again put on and the papers were passed out. 

"This will be fun," Mr. Harmon laughed. "Lights out."

I opened my paper and brought it closer to my face so I could see what it read, but I wish I didn't.. It said murderer.

My face went pale and my heart sped up. No.. Please.. I thought to myself.

Mr. Harmon walked up behind me and laughed. "Like I said, everyone you love will die because of you."

"No!" I managed to scream.

I ran into the kitchen and grabbed a knife. The first one I will kill is Abby. It's all her fault. I thought.

I ran throughout the room trying to find her, but I couldn't find anyone. I ran up to the second floor and saw a shadow. My heart began to slow down and my feet moved by their self. What.. I mumbled. My arm raised up above the shadow's head and hit something. Their body fell to the floor. I looked closer at them, and my heart just stopped.

It was Jasper.

~~~

Dun Dun Dunnn. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, and that you are enjoying this book! I wonder who's pulling the strings with Emily ;).

Please point out any spelling errors/things that don't make sense!

Thank for reading! A new chapter should be out in a few days. ^-^