Heroes of my storm - P. 2

The sound of familiar robot feet appeared from before the two of you as the man re-positioned the cigar from one side of his mouth to the other. His hand gripped around his gun remained stiff as he waited for the robot to appear in sight to shoot and kill. Your heart raced as the sound came closer and closer until you could no longer look in that direction. Your face buried into the stranger's shoulder not wanting to know would would happen next as the man tightened his grip around your waist instantly noticing your increased fear. 

Suddenly, those robot footsteps came to a stop followed by the sound of it's body hitting the pavement just as the previous one that had taken you hostage had down. It's footsteps were quickly replaced with those of a similar sound though it movement more like a human would.

"Well now." the man said out loud making your ears instantly perk up with his sudden voice. "I never though I'd see you here."

Your face remained in his shoulder as the rest of your body shook still unwilling to look around or even say a single word yourself.

"I could say the same to you." a new voice answered just as calm as the stranger you were currently with. 

The new voice, however, was much different. It wasn't as husky as the man who had saved you and the accent was much different. This new voice sounded a bit younger and not as deep though it appeared to have a tint of a robotic sound that had been mixed in with each word. 

"Why are you here." the new voice asked as he walked even closer until he sounded to be at arms reach from where you had been standing. 

"Scouting." the man holding you answered. "It's a real shit show out here."

"Who is this girl?" the new voice asked suddenly as he seemed unwilling to ignore your existence as you silently hoped he would. 

"A citizen here I guess." the man holding you responded as you could feel his eyes on you. "Don't know. She hasn't said anything. Found her being taken as a hostage. Get her out of here will ya? I have more scouting to do."

As much as you wanted to stay with the man who had saved you, his much stronger arm that had been around your waist pulled you away from his body revealing your face once again as he softly pushed you toward the direction of the new voice. 

The new man in front of you was a shock to look at. Most of his body had been covered in robotics as the rest of him still looked to be human though there were multiple scars on his arm. His face was mostly covered by a face mask only revealing his rough eyes that had been locked onto yours.

Again there had been no time for any introductions as the new man wasted no time in doing what he was asked. The long sharp sword in his hand had been moved back into its sheath for safe keeping as he swiftly moved his arm around your knees and your waist picking you up from the ground in one motion giving you no choice but to wrap your arms around his neck tightly afraid that he may accidentally drop you.  Before you had a chance to look again at the man who had saved you, the new one turned on his heal and began running quickly back toward the direction he had came from. 

You wanted to tell him to slow down as you were unable to believe at how fast he had been running especially with you in his arms though his eyes never left the path in front of him. He seemed completely concentrated as you were sure he wouldn't even hear anything you would say. 

The panic continued on the main street with the continuous sound of gun fire and people screaming for their lives. It was sound you were trying to drown out though there was nothing to concentrate on besides the man carrying you. 

You studied what features you could trying to distract yourself from all of the nightmarish noise. Each step for him seemed like a breeze as he rounded sharp turns with ease. It was unclear where he was currently heading though you knew it had to be somewhere outside of the city. Your mind drifted back to the one who had saved you as he went off alone back into the dangerous streets with only a single gun for protection. If you were ever to see him again you knew you would have to thank him properly for saving your life. As your eyes focused on the man carrying you, you knew you were going to have to properly thank him as well for running defenseless with you in his arms while he could have just dropped you off somewhere to die.

~~~To be continued~~~