The past comes to visit

Annabella:

What is he doing helping me?!?!?!?

"N...Nicky?" I manage to squeek out. Let me introduce you to Nicholas Anderson, also known as my best friend from the day I was born until about a week after my parents died. I was the only person to ever call him Nicky, since everyone else just called him Nick. Why did we stop being friends you wonder? Well.. Thats simple. He told me he didnt want to be seen with an orphan.. That was the last time I ever spoke to him. We did everything together when I was younger. His parents were divorced, but last I heard, he was living with his dad. I remember spending the night at their house and Nick's dad making us pancakes every morning.. Those were the days when everything was simple..easy.

"Annabella.. It is you! How... How have you been? Umm.. what's.. No No... Stop crying.. What's wrong?"

I can't stop looking at him.. and crying... Why did it have to be him? Why did he have to be the one person I bump into? I quicky got out of his hold he had on me. "I.... I need to go." And with that, I turn around and run, as fast as I can. I see the the cars, and the scenery passing by me, but all that I could think about were the memories of Nicky and I.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Slow Down Anna! I can't keep up!" "Well speed up! you're already 7, you should be faster than me!!"...

-----------------------------------------------------------

Nicky kneeled down infront of me, "Annabella, promise me you will be my best friend.. Always."

"I will always be your best friend Nicky!" He stoop up, hugged me tight, then he grabbed my hand and we ran back to my house, where we played hide and seek until it go to dark and we had to go inside...

-----------------------------------------------------------

"I... I just dont understand why they had to go! Why couldn't I go?" "Annabella, you know that isn't the right thing to say. You know your parents love you, and they would never want you to be hurt.", Nicky told me. He was the one I went to when I heard the news... He was the shoulder I cried on. "But why Nicky? Why couldn't we just trade places? I was there!! It should have happened to me!" "Annabella, listen to me, you're parents saved you. They didnt want you to die, they wanted you to be safe, and to grow up and live your life, just the way you wanted to live it."

-----------------------------------------------------------

I walked out of the door of Nicky's house, this is where i've been staying for the past month while eveyone figures out what they are going to do with me. There was a car waiting for me, saying they found a place for me to stay. Just as I was about to get in the car, I heard his voice from the door. he ran up to me, and told me "I know where you are going.. You aren't coming back. This is goodbye" "Nicky, no! This isn't goodbye! We can keep in contact!", I pleaded to him. But then his eyes became cold, and he spoke to me for the last time, "Don't you get it? You are an orphan. You are going where little orphans go. I'm not going to be friends with an orphan. This is goodbye." And with that... he left me there, while he just walked into his house like I didn't matter at all.

----------------------------------------------------------

"Annabella! Please stop! Slow down! Please just let me talk!" I could hear him yelling out to me, and he was catching up fast. But I kept running, I wasnt going to talk to him, I couldn't..... Not after everything I have been through. I ran and ran until finally, I couldnt hear him yelling after me anymore. I ran to the only place where I have felt safe.... Church.