Chapter 15: Cherish

Recap:

As they have a happy dinner, Even got a text message. She quickly grabs the phone in her bag and read the message. She wonder who texted her as there’s no name registered in her phone.

Hi little ghost. I’m so excited to see you soon. ~ Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week after, Chen’s mansion had been transformed with lights and decorations for the homecoming of Mr. Chen, the owner of Chen Car Company. Reen, Liya and Even walked through the entrance in disbelief on how big Ivy’s house is. They were closely followed by Aaron, Jiro and Siwon. As they made their way, a lot of visitors is taking their time to enjoy the party.

The Chen siblings with Chun, of course, welcomed their friends.  This party would not be complete for them without their friends. As they made their way to the dining area, Siwon noticed how elegant Ivy is in her blue coral party dress that she’s wearing.

“Hey. You look so pretty in your dress tonight.”, he elegantly complimented her.

“Huh?”, Ivy looked at him confused on what he said a while ago. She didn’t hear him as the sound is so loud. Siwon ignored her as he doesn’t want to repeat his sentence to her anymore. He excused himself as he wants to go somewhere else.

“Wei!”, Ivy shouted but Siwon is already walked away. She looks at her friends and asked them, “What’s with him tonight? Does he have mood swings again?”

“Aiyoo… Maybe, he’s hurt.”, Even said to her straightforwardly.

“Hurt? Hurt about what?”, Ivy looks more confused now.

“Oh please Ivy. Siwon just complimented you a while ago, but you just answered him with a “HUH??”. Who would be happy with that answer?”, Even said. She also mimicked Ivy on saying the word “Huh?”.

“Even… The sounds here are so loud. I didn’t hear him, you know.”, Ivy trying to explain.

“Gosh. Do you have a hearing problem?”, Liya said. “I even heard him say that you look so pretty in your dress tonight.”, she now repeated what Siwon said to Ivy.

“Huh! Don’t joke around Liya. It’s not so funny.”, she said with a fake laugh. “Siwon? Will say something like that? Oh come on. It would be the end of the world if he says that to me.”

“Sis. What Liya had said is true. All of us here heard that. That’s why it’s impossible for you not to hear him say that to you.”, Calvin said. “You know sis, it’s so rare to hear him say that and you know it since where young. It’s only you who he had said something like that.”

After Calvin explained it to her sister, he grabbed Reen’s hands and walked to the other side of the room, leaving his sister dumbfounded. Reen was surprised that Calvin holds her hands. Ever since, Calvin never holds her hands as he always tease her that when he will holds hers, his hands would get dirty.

Then, Jiro and Liya went to the garden to have some time alone. Even though they are texting each other, they never got a chance to have a talk alone.

“Well Ivy, I think that you should talk to him.”, Aaron said to Ivy. He holds Even’s hands and said, “Let’s go somewhere.”

Now, Ivy is alone in the middle of the room, with a lot of visitors around him. While talking to some visitors, Ella noticed her sister not moving an inch at her place. She approached her little sister and asked where the others are.

“Ivy, where are the others? How come you’re just the only one here?”, Ella asked.

“Hmm… I guess that they got their pairs and want to have some time alone.”, Ivy said while staring somewhere else without blinking her eyes. “Jie, would you excuse me for a while. I need to talk to somebody.”