Chapter 24: Lonely Ferries Wheel

Recap:

“I know that all of us here know that Even’s birthday is coming up this week. Chun and I are planning to give her a surprise party.”, Ella announced.

“I guessed that all of you are wondering why Aaron is not here, right? It’s because I asked him to. You know, only Aaron can make it excuses to bring Even around the park.”, Chun added.

“Then, how about Calvin and Reen?”, Liya asked noticing that the two is not yet with them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I almost forgot, Calvin texted me that he wants to talk to Reen alone and privately.”, Jiro said.

“Oh. It seems that I’m smelling something fishy here already.”, Ella butted in. “Oh well, back to the business. What are you guys planning to her birthday? Any suggestions?”, Ella continued.

While the others are giving their own suggestions for Even’s birthday, Calvin brought Reen to the ferries wheel. Reen has no idea why Calvin is bringing her there.

“Hey, it’s almost 5:00 pm, I think we should go to the meeting place. They might leave us.”, Reen argued.

“Let them then. Just give me alone time with you this time.”, Calvin said seriously.

When they finally rode the ferries wheel, neither one of them started to talk. Reen is looking at the other side while Calvin is secretly peeking at her.

“And here’s the thing, Calvin. You bring me here and saying that you will have something to say but you’re not ta…”, Reen finally talked but it was cut off when Calvin suddenly kissed her on her lips.

Calvin kissed her with passion but Reen was too shocked from what he did. She wanted to push him but she can’t as she feels weak at that time. after a second, Calvin breaks the kiss.

“I like you.”, Calvin confessed directly.

“Huh?”, Reen whispered.

“I said, I like you.”, Calvin repeated. “I don’t know when it started but when you keep on avoiding me, it hurts me. At first, I’m just teasing you for fun but after some time, I can’t let the day end without teasing and seeing you. It’s like you’re the only one who can completes my day.”

Reen cried from his confession. She can’t believe that Calvin, who only knows how to tease her, is actually feels the same way as she did.

“Sshh… Don’t cry. I know that I did a lot that makes you cry but I promise that it will be the last time that you will cry because of me.”, Calvin hugged her.

“Actually, I also like you.”, Reen whispered, loud enough for Calvin to hear her confession.

“Really? You like me too?”, Calvin broke the hug and looked at her eyes. Happiness can see on his face as Reen blushed. “So it means that, you’re my girlfriend already?”, Calvin added as Reen keeps on nodding on his questions.

After the ferries wheel ride, the new couple went to the main entrance to meet with their friends. As they approached the group, they didn’t realize that they are actually holding hands. The girls are giggling to see how happy their friend is. Finally, Reen found her “man of her dreams”.

“Ehem… I smell something sweet here.”, Jiro teased the couple. “Did you know what is that?”, he asked Liya playfully.

“Ayiah!! I smelled that too.”, Liya joined Jiro as she already knows what he’s planning. “How about you Chun?”, she asked Chun as well.