Chapter 21: Going On My Way

Recap:

Before Ariel can talk again, Siwon’s phone rang. “Hello?”, he answered his phone.

“Hey buddy. It’s me.”, a guy spoke on the other line of the conversation. Siwon already knew this voice and if he’s not mistaken, it’s his longtime buddy since high school. “Guess what!! I’m going to Taiwan next week! I’m so excited to see you there!”, the guy continued.

“Really? Then, that’s great!”, Siwon happily said to his phone. “Yeah, yeah! See you soon.” After that sentence, he hang up the phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Siwon hang up the phone, Ariel suddenly decided to say goodbye to him and ready to leave. She and her friends are really embarrassed from what happened earlier. They bullied the second daughter of Mr. Chen. As they left the mansion, Ivy slowly walked up the stairs to go to her room. She thought that Siwon would say something from what happened, but failed. Yes, she’s now sure that Siwon is avoiding her.

She ran to her door and locked it. She can’t believe that Siwon became so cold towards her. She wonders what she did to him to treat her like that. The whole evening, all did she do is to cry and cry until she fell asleep. At exactly 12:00 in the midnight, her door opened slowly. It was Siwon who take a peek and check if she’s okay and doesn’t have any nightmare.

“I’m so sorry but I have to avoid you as much as I can. I can’t give the love that you want from me. I’m so sorry.”, he whispered to the air as he closed the door.

The following day, at Aaron’s house, Diamond prepared a special breakfast for her loving brother. As Aaron went down from his room, he already smelled the food and he guessed that it’s his favorite breakfast.

“Good morning, brother!”, Diamond greeted her brother with a wide smile on her face.

“Good morning too, mei mei.”, Aaron greeted as well. “So what’s with today and you cooked for breakfast?”, he suddenly asked.

“Nothing much. I just missed cooking food for my brother.”, his little sister said sweetly.

“Tell me. You need something, right?”, he asked again. He knew his sister very well. Whenever his sister cooks food for him, there’s an exchange condition. Even though it will only took few months for them to have a sister-brother bonding together, Aaron knew his sister’s actions that much.

“Aiyoo.. You really know me too well.”, Diamond pouted. “Okay fine, I’ll tell you. I just want to invite Even jie here at our house for dinner.”

Aaron spitted out the juice that he’s drinking. “What?!”, he said surprisingly.

“Please Ge Ge… Plus I like her for you. You know… I want her to be your girlfriend. She’s so nice and cute.”, Diamond said.

“Stop joking around mei mei. It will never going to happen.”, Aaron spoke seriously.

“But… I thought that you both have special feelings towards each other? Why is it--”, Diamond asked her brother confusingly.

“We just treat each other as bestfriends and nothing else.”, Aaron cuts off her sister.

“Hao le. You both are only bestfriends. So if that’s the case, let’s invite her for dinner.”, Diamond said, letting his brother to say “yes”.

“Fine.”, Aaron gave up on her sister who keeps on bugging him. Diamond cheered and left the house happily. “My sister is sometimes really annoying.”, he said to himself while eating his breakfast.