The diary.

(Important!!! This story will include triggering subjects.)

"2017, May 18.
Dear diary, or whatever you're supposed to say, I don't really know why I'm actually writing in this but my mom bought it for me and I'm bored.
Today was boring, pretty sure the only times I left my bed was to go pee and to brush my teeth... I got a few texts from my friends.. again, asking why I'm still not in school. I didn't know what to tell them but I'm sure I'll know what to say tommorow."

Richie put his pencil down and closed the diary "what am I? A ten year old girl?" He muttered to himself turning his head to the window, a squirrel is sitting in the tree right outside.
He glanced at it then threw himself backwards onto his bed with closed eyes. The tears started pressing against his eyelids.
Really Tozier? A squirrel is enough to make you tear up now? He thought and brushed his bangs out of his face with his left hand. He wasn't sure if he was sad or exhausted, probably both to be honest.
The past days he had either slept five minutes or thirteen hours, no in between. It was Thursday and he hadn't been in school that week, he just told his mom he had really terrible headache which was a lie. He felt sick but at the same time he didn't, he had felt like that for months but last Saturday was where it had started getting really bad.
And if you asked him it was for a stupid reason, something that should have made him nothing but happy. His best friend Eddie Kaspbrak got a girlfriend.
He wanted to convince himself he was sad because he was jealous and wanted a girlfriend too or something like that, but the only part of that he related to was jealous and it wasn't jealous of Eddie. No, it was of his girlfriend.
Richie grabbed his phone from the bedside table, he had four messages.
As his eyes passed Eddie's name on the screen he felt his heart skip a beat, "Hey Richie, you busy?" He unlocked the phone and took a deep breath, he wasn't sure if he should say yes or no.
"Nah." He pressed send and threw his phone back on the table in regret.
He heard his phone buzz, Eddie had answered with "could I come over?" And Richie felt like his head was about to set on fire, he wanted to say yes but didn't want anyone seeing him like this.
"Sure." Why did I do that?
"Cool, be there in 10!" Oh God why did I do that?
"Great!" Why?
Richie managed to get himself to the bathroom, he sprayed deodorant on and put on a shirt that wasn't covered in stains.
He knew it was disgusting but he hadn't changed in three days, he even slept with his jeans on.
He turned to the mirror and stood staring at himself for a little while before quickly snapping out of it. He started searching for his hairbrush, his hair was probably the messiest it's ever been. When he found it he didn't hesitate to start brushing, and for Christ sake it hurt like hell. Just as he finished he heard mild coughing and someone trotting up the stairs, he knew what that meant. Quickly putting his glasses back on he ran back to the bed pretending to be on his phone. Two knocks, Richie took a deep breath "Whom ist breaking into meine cave?" He hissed in a German accent making eye contact with Eddie as when he stepped in, "a simple hi would have been great but okay."
Eddie went and sat next to Richie on the bed, and Richie could feel his heartbeat as the smell of hyacinth filled the room. "New perfume, Edna?" He faked a laugh and Eddie groaned "oh beep-beep Richie, it's... My mom's shirt, ok?" He admitted in a voice filled with embarrassment. "May I ask why?" Richie said trying his best not to chuckle. Eddie turned his head to Richie and sighed "you see... My mom found a rat in my closet, rest will explain itself. I have to go around smelling like old lady garden for probably a month." No matter how hard Richie fought it back he ended up exclaiming "I think it suits you."
Eddie smiled, he wasn't sure why he did.
But at the same time he knew exactly why.