Confession.

The sun was on it's way down and sunshine seeped through the trees leaving slight pattern on the empty road, and if you listened carefully you might be able to hear a few lonely birds. The air was fresh and smelled like mowed grass, a rather peaceful evening.
Until, the first thing Eddie saw when arriving at his house was his sobbing mother standing in the doorway with a phone pressed against her cheek.

Her face was completely soaked in sweat and tears.
He realized it was almost eight o' clock, and with each step a prayer went through his mind. She seemed too distracted with the phone call to notice him at first, he figured it was either Richie's mom or the police she was talking to.
Then his foot hit a stone sending it rolling across the pavement with a thud, her eyes went in his direction and she whispered something into the phone before hanging up.
"Edward Kaspbrak! Where have you been?" Her voice was trembling and weak yet felt like a needle going into the late boy's ears.
He needed an excuse, he needed one quick.
I guess he could tell the truth, but he knew "I was laughing hysterically at nothing with a guy you absolutely despise! Oh and I forgot my aspirator, so I could have died. Love you." Wouldn't necessarily be a good idea to tell his frightened mother.
On the other hand, lying to his dear mother is something he hated doing.
The realization that every second being silent would add to the suspicion hit him, and he knew he had to just go with it.
Looking down Eddie took a deep breath, "Sorry mom, Richie were walking me home and a creepy old lady followed us." He said then took a fast glance at her to see if she looked doubtful, she didn't so he continued "And we hid, because we thought she might have been the murderer."

Eddie had managed to escape his mother and was now sitting in his room, he was grounded for a month but knowing his mom he supposed it could be way worse.
She had taken his phone but that wasn't as a punishment, she did that everyday four in the afternoon and gave it back eight in the morning.
It was a flip phone which made him the only one in school not to have a smartphone. When asked why, she had told him that the light from a smartphone could give him cancer and damage his eyes. He understood, but of course it gave the bullies another reason to make fun of him.
The room was messier than usual as they were cleaning out his closet completely after the rat incident. Eddie looked at the shirt he had on before which was laying on the floor a meter away, he went over and picked it up giving it a sniff.
It did smell pretty good after all. "Suits me, huh?" He giggled to himself putting the shirt back on his shelf.
Not really noticing it himself a single butterfly did a little ballet in his stomach and a
smile spread on his slightly sunburned face.

Richie yawned and checked the time on his phone, it was 08.32 PM.
Trying to decide if he should go to sleep early he walked to his window, he was sleepy but not really tired.
It was still really bright outside as summer was approaching.
Something appeared behind the tree in his front lawn, a familiar boy with a wide grin on his face. It was Eddie, but something seemed really off about him.
Richie opened the window "What are you doing here so late?" He shouted leaning on the window sill. "I wanted to tell you something." Eddie shouted back in a strange voice flashing a fanged smile, causing Richie take a small step back in shock mixed with confusion. Though he was a bit scared he stepped forward again "yeah?" He said in a shaky voice, hinting the other boy to continue his confession.
"I think... I love you." He said as his smooth tan surface peeled off revealing white chalky skin. Richie's eyes widened.
"What? You aren't gonna say you love me back?" He growled, almost wolf like. Richie shook his head mouth agape.
Eddie made a mocking thoughtful expression, "oh, funny. Considering your faggot thoughts everytime you look at me." He laughed as his brown eyes faded to striking yellow.
Taking a deep breath Richie snapped "Y-you're not Eddie! Fuck off!" He smacked the window closed slowly walking backwards with shaky steps to the other side of the room keeping his eyes on the window, awaiting something freaky to happen.
He heard a laugh, and turned his to his bed where a clown sat smiling at him, a single red balloon in hand.

Lowkey cliffhanger? whoops...
I kinda wanna make a Reddie oneshots book but I'm not sure ?!?!