Nine

After the bell rang to dismiss everyone for the school day, I left without saying goodbye to Jonathan. That would last until he called for me to wait up. I turn around in the hallway to see him rushing to catch up with me.

"What are you doing after school?" Jonathan asks me hesitantly.

"I don't think anything, why?" I question as we walked down the hallway together.

"Some of the guys and I are going to Ronnie's diner if you want to come," he says.

"Me? With a bunch of jocks at the diner?" I say like he shouldn't of even asked.

"I mean, there might be some other girls too," he laughs. I knew that meant cheerleaders or girls like Laura.

"Thanks but I'll pass," I shrug.

"It'll be fun," he says but I ignore. "I promise," he says stopping me. "I'll buy you a milkshake?" He grins hopeful.

I stare at him for a moment. Looking into his eyes I could see that he was genuine about this invitation and I couldn't possibly say no to that face. "Fine," I smile giving in. "But only because of the milkshake," I say making him laugh.

And it happened again. I gave into those beautiful blue eyes of his. Ocean eyes you can't help but drown in.

The diner was only a block away and lots of teenagers came here to hangout.

Once we got there Jonathan was greeted by a bunch of his friends that he managed to make on his first day. And there Laura was. With her minions. Jonathan introduces me to everyone and they tell me their names which I could barely remember. Just the two of us sit at a booth. I was glad and I could tell he knew I'd be more comfortable.

A waitress comes by our table and Jonathan orders a vanilla milkshake. He knew I liked  vanilla so I didn't interrupt.

"Anything else?" He looks to me.

"I'm fine," I smile. The waitress leaves and Jonathan looks at me.

I was really quiet, but in my defense I was with a bunch of strangers. Except Jonathan of course. He holds back a laugh.

"What?" I ask.

"Relax," he tells me. "I promise, they won't bite," he refers to his friends.

"I know," I look over and see them talking and laughing. I notice them look over here a few times. I think they were talking about me. I know Laura was.

The waitress comes back with the milkshake and two straws. "You two are cute together, enjoy," the waitress smiles. Was this his plan? We both blush.

"Hey," Jonathan gets my attention. "I was wond-," Jonathan is cut off by two of his friends coming over to our booth.

"What'd you say your name was again?" One looks at me.

"Grace," I say and look over to Jonathan confused. He looked kind of annoyed.

"Oh right, you're the girl. I guess you won the bet Jon," he looks at Jonathan and reaches into his pocket pulling out a ten.

"She's pretty cute, maybe you'd share her with me?" The other guy says smirking at me. I look at him disgusted then to Jonathan.

"What are they talking about?" I ask confused.

"She doesn't know about the bet Jon?" The guy asks. Jonathan looks at the guys annoyed and growing angry.

"Shut up Richie," Jonathan gives him a look.

"What bet?" I get angry too.

"Wait? So y'all haven't hooked up yet?" Richie looks surprised but laughs. I look from him to Jonathan.